What's new

Caswell Massey Super Badger

I got this one as a closeout for about $25 for a Super Badger. At this price, it's simply phenomenal, a huge improvement on my Vulvix Pure and another no-brand Italian silvertip. It's soft but firm, and soaks up gobs of water for it's small size. It retains heat well, especially since the handle is pewter. Works well both on creams and soaps. Only lost a few hairs the first week, then nothing.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I purchased my Caswell Massey Super Badger brush as an upgrade to a boar bristle brush. Night and day, truly. I had considered purchasing a silvertip badger brush, but this one was right up my alley asthetically and I worked at a mall where I recieved a 15% discount on the brush. Before we begin, it's important to note that my brush is much more full than this stock picture from google. The brush is identical, but they are all hand-made, meaning some are slightly more full than others. I hand-picked an extremely full brush in the store. :rolleyes:

Quality - Awesome. This brush is fantastic and very well made. I only lost about four hairs in the first week of use, and not a single one in 7 and 3/4 months of continuous use after that.

Price - Cost me roughly $70 after tax; retail about $80 or so not including tax. Worth every penny.

Useage - I shave almost daily; I love every aspect of the brush. The only reason I haven't rated the brush all 10's is due to the fact that 'silvertip' is supposed to be one step higher than this in quality. I personally cannot imagine a significant enough difference to warrant buying another brush; this thing feels fantastic in all respects. However, out of respect for experienced B&B members who claim 'silvertip' is better, I'll take their word for it and give this one some 9's in the softness, stiffness and density categories.

Final Note: This is the only badger brush I have ever owned. I do not have experience with a 'silvertip' brush, so I may be rating this one artificially high on the basis of lack of experience with the prior. Having said that, I like this brush so much I have zero desire for any 'upgrade', and that is a testament to this brush's quality.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)