What's new

Castle Forbes Keig

The lasting power on me is at least 10-12 hrs for this (as well as Gentlemans).
One of my favorites and when you look at the price compared to Creed or any other high end colognes this IMO is a bargain.
I enjoyed to the scent. I thought it was a more creative take on citrus. I also didn't have nearly the issues Mike did with the staying power. Maybe the sample came from an old bottle that had started to breakdown?:confused: Who knows? My Keig was good from 7AM till I got home after work. It wasn't reeking off of me or anything but I like my colognes a little more subtle anyway.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)
Since I am a rabid fan of Castle Forbes shave creams, I just KNEW I'd love their cologne. In particular I knew I'd love Keig. It is supposed to have a citrusy scent. And I loooooove citrus. So, CF+Citrus=Heaven, right?

I got a sample of this stuff from Vintage Blades (along with some Floris Limes as part of a regular order - Vintage Blades is fantastic). It came in a small glass bottle, so I cannot comment on the bottle or atomizer since, umm, I didn't get one! :biggrin: But the important stuff is the juice, and I was disappointed.

I applied it after shaving this morning and hey, that smells great. Not entirely sure what I am smelling since I am no connoisseur, but a sweet, somewhat citrus scent with some spice kick to it. Just perfect. I applied what seemed to be a fair amount. The only way to apply it from the bottle is to get a drop on your fingertip and dab. So I did that several times. This seems to be more than enough (sometimes too much) with TOBS Victorian Limes, so it seemed to me that it shoudl be OK here.

However, and hour later it's gone. Totally gone. Even the often slammed for short longevity Floris Limes lasts on me, nearly all day. But this stuff? Poof. Gone.

I am glad I didn't spring for a bottle.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power