What's new

Canyon Creek Soap Company Vetyver

I recently did a Google search on hard shaving soaps in order to find a new "boutique" shaving soap. I found the Canyon Creek Shaving Company online and ordered two pucks of shaving soap; one Vetyver (made with synthetic fragrance oil) and one Lavender (made with natural essential oil). I have used the Vetyver for over a week and I haven't yet tried the Lavendar. The Vetyver has become my favorite shaving lather, be it soap or cream.

Price: $4.50 per 3.5 to 4.0 oz. puck plus $6 shipping.

Quality: This is the most lubricating and most slippery shaving soap I have ever used. It is also VERY moisturizing. My razor literally glides over my face with no pulling. The soap is even more moisturizing and glides better than creams I have used. The ingredients are: Olive Oil, Water, Coconut Oil, Fully Saponified Sodium Hydroxide, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Bentonite Clay, Fragrance Oil.

Scent: Very woodsy and pleasant without being overpowering. I don't smell it in my bathroom unless I put my nose to the top of the mug that holds the puck.

Lather: It is more difficult to lather than other soaps, including triple-milled, that I have used. You'll need a little extra water and at least a minute to generate a good rich lather. If you don't give it enough time, the lather will be thin and watery. That's why I gave it 8.

Efficacy: It really makes my shaves comfortable.

Moisturizing: As I said above, it is VERY moisturizing.

Simply put, it is by far the best shaving soap I have ever used after over 25 years of wet shaving!!

You can order this soap at www.canyoncreeksoapcompany.com I sent Paula, the owner/soap maker, a number of emails before I bought the soap and found her to be quite helpful.

I reviewed this soap when I was a newbie on B&B. I reviewed it after only one use. The soap makes a thin, watery lather no matter how hard I try to make a usable one. I retract my former review of this soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
0.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)