What's new

Candie's For Men

This scent, while not very complex, is awesome!

It's relatively economical as far as fragrances go, and, more importantly - :crazy: - SWMBO loves it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Candie's normally makes women's products, though their cologne for men really stands out as something different. While it is masculine, it definitely is for the young at heart. I first received this cologne as a gift from a relative when I first entered high school.

Price
For 30 USD a bottle, Candie's is moderately priced. Though it can be found on sale at Christmastide in some boutiques and department stores.

Quality
While not a Penhaligon's or Truefitt cologne, Candie's is a very complex blend with top notes of basil, grapefruit, watermelon, and cardamom. Vegetal and Amber is at its heart, followed by a sandalwood and oak moss base.

Packaging
My personal bugaboo with Candie's FM. It looks like something either Prince or a small child would carry around. That said, the glass is very durable. And I have dropped the bottle on numerous occasions and have never had it shatter.

Scent
Citrusy and luscious, it is very sweet starting out. As the day progresses, for me, the fougere of the entire thing begins to come out - fresh and clean, laced with sandalwood.

Staying Power
This is where she truly glows. Candie's is perhaps the longest lasting cologne on me. When I wore it in high school, the smell would stay around right until I got into bed. Sometimes a few days past I could still smell it on clothes I wore just days ago. This stuff is strong and a little dab will do you. I loved wearing it in the winter time, as it was very clingy and bracing.

If men hate it, women will love it. I never got many complements from the ladies in high school other than "You smell really nice."

Conclusion
While I wear "older" more "mature" scents, this cologne brings me back. It is more nostalgic for me now, but when I put it on now and again, I'm taken back to my first kiss, driving to school in my first car, though smiles from the girls, and late nights studying for Advanced Placement exams.

If you like fresh scents or just looking for youth in a bottle, give it a try.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)