What's new

Campos do Jordão

This is a Brazilian aftershave. Campos do Jordão is a mountain city in the State of São Paulo, Brasil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campos_do_Jord%C3%A3o

It is famous for being the Park City of Brasil where all the celebrities go to ski during the ski season in Brasil. Very chic, very expensive, very fun.
I bought this little guy from Joe over at Shaveabuck.com. It is the only place I know that carries it, and I'm not even sure what part of the world it comes from, but I suspect Brazil.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Benzophenone-3, Glycerin, Parfum, Alcohol, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Menta Arvensis Leaf Extract, CI 19140, CI 42090, Ethylhexlglycerin.

Price:
90ml for $8 plus shipping is not the best deal in town, but is also not breaking the bank for most of us, and is probably worth the money.

Quality:
The item comes in a glass bottle, which is a real plus. The label was peeling, but things like that don't really bother me. As far as the splash itself, I am slightly disconcerted about some of the enigmatic ingredients, but overall I think it is at least as high in quality as most store-bought AS.

Fights razor burn:
The only reason I decided to write a review on this product was its amazing ability to annihilate my razor burn. The only AS that I own that beats this is Speick, which doesn't bother me 'cause nothing beats Speick.

Cooling Sensation:
Though the ingredients list Menta Arvensis, a mint plant, I can detect no cooling sensation whatsoever. I marked this as N/A because I don't believe that it is meant to be a cooling sort of splash and shouldn't be docked for it.

Scent:

While in the bottle, one can detect a light, herbal scent, but once applied it becomes so dilute that the only scent I can discern is that of rubbing alcohol. I admit that this is the low point for this particular splash, and had it smelled better, it would easily be a favorite.

Moisturizing:
I absolutely love the way my skin feels after using this product. It feels very supple and moisturized even 8 hours later. In combination with a good soap or cream, no lotion or balm should be needed after using this product.

No alcohol burn:
Despite being alcohol based, I have yet to feel the sting. Alcohol is placed pretty far down on the ingredients list, and most people should have little cause for concern if they have and aversion to alcohol AS.

Conclusion:
While I wish the scent of this product were better and more prominent, the healing properties of this splash keep me coming back. I have been thoroughly enjoying using it and will keep it in my rotation for those days when I'm not as careful as I should have been.

Discussion thread

Photo from ShaveAbuck.com
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)