What's new

C.O. Bigelow Barber Elixir Red

Excellent product containing witch hazel, shea butter, glycerine, aloe, ect. Elixir red has a scent very similar to Art of Shaving sandalwood. It has a small amount of alcohol and other astringents as well as fragrance oil so not great for super super sensitive skinned people.

Price: $10 for 3.4 oz so slightly more than some of the drug store balms but definitely worth the extra I think. A little goes a long ways.

Quality: It contains quality ingredients and the brand is known for good quality. It definitely doesn't seem like they skimped on anything.

Fights Razor Burn: Heck ya!

Cooling Sensation: Not in the menthol/peppermint way but even with the alcohol is doesn't feel hot like a splash with a very slight cooling.

Scent: Perfection if you like sandalwood based scents. I really like it but I also have a problem being exclusive to something like a scent so it will go into a rotation with my creams/soaps and be matched up with my AOS sandalwood.

Efficacy: Noticeable reduction on areas that are irritated and makes the skin feel like silk.

Moisturizing: Very though not heavy or greasy. Elixir red is a heavier scent but still perfectly acceptable for summer wearing in semi-formal to formal situations. Good choice for a business office.

No Alcohol Burn: It contains some astringents so it has a slight tingle/burn to it but should be tolerated by even the biggest whimps.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)