What's new

C&E Super BB made by Edwin Jagger

Item Description

This is my first review and nobody has reviewed this brush, so here goes:

Price:A bit on the high side compared with other brushes from the likes of Rooney and Savile Row. In the US it's listed on the C&E website for $85 but here in Canada it sells for $139, quite a mark up. I was lucky enough to get it from a fellow B&B member for a great price, half the price of it here in Canada.

Quality:So far so good. Haven't lost any hairs and it has bloomed nicely. This is a quality brush on par with the C&E BBB, as expected from Edwin Jagger. The hair is much softer than the C&E BBB and slightly stiffer then my Kent BK4. As for density it's packed very well. The tips are a tiny bit prickly but still soft and not nearly as floppy as my BK4.

Ergonomics:This brush has a large chunky handle and I love it. It doesn't feel dainty in my hands like the C&E BBB. It is a hefty brush with a nice solid feel.

Latherability:I've used this brush with both soaps and creams and have had excellent results. Enough lather to last 5 or more passes.

Overall:I would say this is a good quality brush that should last many years (YMMV.) I would highly recommend this brush if it wasn't for the price, $85US is a tad steep. If you can find it on sale or get it used from another B&B member I'd say go for it.

In the pictures the brushes are (left to right): C&E BBB, Kent BK4, C&E Super BB

Latest reviews

i bought it off ebay for 55 dollars shipped.i bought it as a back up as i have already had 1 for about a year that i bought from c&e when they had a sell. it is a discotinued brush from what i have read.it is just a great brush for me as it is soft and really lathers . dont see useing any other brush and hope to get a lot of years from it.only have lost maybe 10 hairs in a year.

this brush doesnt get much praise on other shave forums but it is a great brush for me. if i didnt like it so wel i would have never bought another brush just alike and at 55 dollars i thought how could i go wrong.:thumbup1:

randy
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
My first high end brush. I wasn't too pleased with the price, but I don't see me using anything else for some time. Don't need a lot of cream to make a lot of lather.
I just picked up the large brush at my local C&E. I had a 30% off coupon with me from the last time I was in the store. List price $85.00. With the discount card, $59.50. Not bad. I was only planning to pick up the Nomad AS Balm but when I saw this big, beautiful creation on the shelf I couldn't resist.

OK. Step one. Give it a good washing. What I do is give it a good lathering in the large bowl with AoS Sandlewood cream. I lather my hand about 3 times and then rinse out the brush and shake all the water out of it. I do this twice and then I'm ready to shave with this beauty.

Price... I had to give it a 9 because of the discount.

Quality... Very good. Another 9.

Density... Not quite as dense as my Rooney real horn with Heritage Badger. But pretty good. An 8.

Stiffness of tips... Not sure how to rate it here. The brush is on the floppy side.

Softness of tips... Folks this is pure luxury. If you want to feel pampered
lather up with this baby.

Ergonomic... This is a large brush that feels very comfortable in my hands. I had no trouble reaching the places it should and avoiding the places it shouldn't.

Latherability... A definite 10. I used a large bowl with a normal peanut size dollop of AoS Sandlewood cream. The brush and the bowl filled up way too fast. I need to cut back on the cream. I had enough to shave 3 guys with 4 passes each.

All I can say is this is a wonderful brush, great for cream, maybe a little too floppy for a hard soap. Well worth the money. A nice addition to my collection and now in my normal rotation.

Len
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips