What's new

C&E La Source Bath Soap

Item Description

I've often been warned, even by the SAs at the line's very store, that C&E soaps are not the finest.

Nevertheless, about a week or so ago, my girlfriend and I were at the mall and, per usual, stopped by C&E. Someone was inquiring about the soap as we walked in, drawing my attention to it.

It smelled fantastic.

My girlfriend pressed me to leave the store immediately, sensing I was intrigued and knowing the ramifications thereof (two-hundred bar soaps under our bed).

We left.

But I couldn't this soap's scent out of my head - and had to have it. So we went back and bought the damn thing. One bar, 3.5 oz., at $7.

II.

This soap is an absolute let down. It's "triple-milled" but very soft - doesn't seem like it's built to last.

It's not overly drying but it's not as gentle as better soaps - US Yardley's, dirt cheap, being among them.

Ultimately, it smells nice and that's all it has going for it. For what it is it is absurdly overpriced.

Buy seven bars of US Yardley's in its place, or spend more and get more with Claus Porto.

III.

As for scores I gave it all neutrals as that's what it deserves, being neither good nor bad, but a 1 for price as it's the most disappointing soap I've ever bought for a relatively high price.

On scent I gave it an 8 - subjective, of course, but it's a well-perfumed bar.

8 for its package, very attractive and a lively blue.

Latest reviews

I've often been warned, even by the SAs at the line's very store, that C&E soaps are not the finest.

Nevertheless, about a week or so ago, my girlfriend and I were at the mall and, per usual, stopped by C&E. Someone was inquiring about the soap as we walked in, drawing my attention to it.

It smelled fantastic.

My girlfriend pressed me to leave the store immediately, sensing I was intrigued and knowing the ramifications thereof (two-hundred bar soaps under our bed).

We left.

But I couldn't this soap's scent out of my head - and had to have it. So we went back and bought the damn thing. One bar, 3.5 oz., at $7.

II.

This soap is an absolute let down. It's "triple-milled" but very soft - doesn't seem like it's built to last.

It's not overly drying but it's not as gentle as better soaps - US Yardley's, dirt cheap, being among them.

Ultimately, it smells nice and that's all it has going for it. For what it is it is absurdly overpriced.

Buy seven bars of US Yardley's in its place, or spend more and get more with Claus Porto.

III.

As for scores I gave it all neutrals as that's what it deserves, being neither good nor bad, but a 1 for price as it's the most disappointing soap I've ever bought for a relatively high price.

On scent I gave it an 8 - subjective, of course, but it's a well-perfumed bar.

8 for its package, very attractive and a lively blue.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)