What's new

Butterfly chrome

Pros: Price, quality, aggressive
Cons: not really any but see review
I think this razor is really over looked and under rated. This was my first razor purchase and it worked well. After a time, I "upgraded" to a Merkur 34C from this razor, as it turns out thats's reversed, at least for me,
As my technique improved, I began to think I needed a razor more aggressive than the 34C. After reading the previous review on this razor, I went back to it and found it to be the perfect step up, maybe not as aggressive as a slant, but a sure step up.
Truth is I prefer the longer handle and find the weight and balance very good. aesthetically, I like the TTO butterfly opening process. I think it's like a step back in time where they were trying implement a "new more modern" method of loading the razor, if that makes sense? Anyway I like pretty much everything about it. The only thing I find that might be considered a "con" is that is seems a noisy, the scraping of the hair seems louder than my 34C, but that might not be a minus, it does give another layer of feedback for how your shaving.
All in all, you can't beat the price for what you get, no matter what level your at. It is truly a quality product. I used it as a starter razor, and it worked fine, made me more aware of technique, but it can be a very good "next level" razor.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, Weight, Grip, Aggressiveness
After I lost my merkur I was looking for something new and under the $40 range. This razor was $24 shipped. Some reviews I saw have mentioned some plating issues, but my razor looks solid and I haven't noticed any chrome flaking thus far.

It is brass, and the weight of it is pretty impressive. This is my first TTO, pretty easy to use and the wings seem solid. There is no issue with seating the blade, just screw down the wings and the blade is perfectly seated every time.

The grip is excellent, and lastly the aggressiveness of the razor is probably its best feature. This is a solid product for a reasonable price, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Came with 5 Lord blades.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly