What's new

Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care For Men Shave Cream

I prefer using a brush and building lather for most shaves, but I really like this cream when packing a brush and other "stuff" I use is not practical.:thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
excellent product.. works as designed. nice scent, nice feel, good clean close shave with a M3 and a Muhle R106. Over the weekend I'll use it was my new Feather AS and report back.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Excellent brushless cream. Good slickness with no after-greasiness. Also found it tohave nice moisturizing properties. It isn't a go-to cream and shouldn't be in my opinion. However, I found it worked perfect in an emergency for a third pass after rinsing my brush and bowl. I'm also going to consider it strongly for a travel cream. Nice experience on a cream PIFd to me that I hadn't given proper consideration.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I have been using Proraso products for years. They have gone up and up in prices due to continually increasing import taxes here in the U.S. So, I thought I'd save a few bucks by shopping around for U.S. made products and, in the process, maybe support some American Jobs.

First I tried a puck of Williams Shaving Soap --- Strike 1

Then, I found Burt's Bees at my local grocer and since I've been satisfied with their products I thought it'd be a good one to try --- Strike 2

Not that I liked Williams all that much but this stuff performed WAAAAAAAAY worse than Williams, I couldn't believe they were selling this junk for 8 bucks! I knew that this was a latherless cream and knew what to expect so that's not my issue. The issue is that it provided absolutely NO lubrication and I could feel the blade on my face in all its glory. Since a can of goo performs better and it's cheaper I gave this junk 0 on price, even Williams is dirt cheap at at least provides some lubrication.

The scent was wonderful and quite possibly my favorite, but I need more than a nice scent, I need performance.

To be fair I have to point out that this is one of the most moisturizing creams I've tried so far.

I have a tube of Cremo Cream coming in the mail soon, that will be my third and last attempt (God, I hope it works!) If that's strike 3 then I'll happily pay import taxes out the nose to keep getting Proraso.

The most uncomfortable shave I've ever gotten.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I used this often when I was still using my fusion regularly. I had great results with the shave in terms of closeness and lack of razor burn (as well as can be done with a cartridge anyway :biggrin1: ) and the scent is very nice and I am told the ladies love it :thumbup: . Moisturizes excellently as most other Burt's products do.

When I attempted to use this product in my DE/brush setup, I have experienced as most have listed above. Total lack of lather and really not up for the challenge of protecting my skin from the razor. I have put this on the shelf except for travel purposes. I normally only bring a carry on for my trips and the hassle of carrying the DE blades thru security has gotten to be too much. I roll with a travel size bottle of Burt's SC with a Fusion which gets me through just fine.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
It doesn't lather; don't even try.

I found this stuff to not give me a good facial shave with the DE razor. It smells great, and it is very very moisturizing. I'm guessing that it's chock full of beeswax. I stopped using it because it gummed up the razor. When I took the razor apart, there were globs of this stuff stuck to the blade, matted with whiskers. The handle and other parts of the razor were left with a waxy residue. I found that after a few strokes, the razor just wasn't cutting anymore because it was clogged.

I gave it to my girlfriend to shave her legs with because she's always complaining that she has dry skin on them. She loves it and will probably buy more.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I've recently switched from using a manual Gillette Fusion to a DE Merkur razor, and the Burt's Bees shave cream has by far the biggest performance difference between the two "platforms". Previously I used the Fusion with shaving soap, Kiss My Face cream and Tom's of Maine's cream, using a brush, all with decent results. But using Burt's Bees + the Fusion was awesome, once I got used to the nonlathering part. Shaving WTG it was comparable to the others, but ATG I got extremely close shaves with no irritation, even on particularly sensitive parts of my face. I'm guessing the cetyl alcohol, an emollient, has something to do with that.

But with a DE blade, it's disappointing except for very slow, careful, painstaking work. It doesn't provide a smooth enough glide on long passes over the face.
I've been using this stuff for about two weeks, and love it for my brushless cream (for shaving at the gym, etc). It almost has a slight grapefruit smell, and it's shaved very very well for me. I've been doing 1 WTG and 1 ATG pass every morning and my neck is clean and nick free, which is no easy feat. And after, my skins feels conditioned and it hasn't been this soft in a long time (probably due to all the natural oils in it). It is goopy, and doesn't lather as previously mentioned, but for a brushless cream it smells and shaves better than the Cremo I had been using before it. And it's paraben free.
I've used it a few times and while I'm not going to go out of my way to buy more, it done a decent job of gettin it done, but that's me I'm not a big fan of brushless creams.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I was shaving with Burt's Bees Shave Cream just before I started getting into wet shaving, so I was using a Mach 3.

I decided to give it another try with my DE razor.

My first mistake was thinking that a brush might somehow work with this. It just made a watery mess. BBSC doesn't lather at all. So I just used my fingers.

The scent, as mentioned above, is great. A little citrus, a little touch of evergreen, and some other notes.

I found that not only didn't I get a very close shave--the product doesn't feel very slick--but it was also hard for me to fit the BBSC into my usual pattern of 3-4 passes with rinses in between. I found that the wetter my face was, the less the BBSC wanted to stay on it. The product itself has sufficient water in it so if your face is very wet, it tends to run off a little. To be honest it was hard at times to even tell if I had reapplied the product or not.

It seemed nicely moisturizing.

So, in conclusion, this cream is not very creamy and is something that worked better (but not great) with my old Mach 3.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have and do get great shaves with the BB Natural SC. As far as brushless goes, this is up there. You just slather this stuff on your mug and get to work - no frills but does the job.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Disclaimer: This was my first "latherless cream," so I could have been doing something wrong....

I'd been looking everywhere for this, and I finally found it in a store. It was $7.99 +tax. It doesn't say it's latherless on it, but I guess I should have figured so since it says to wet face and rub on. But I think that's what Kiss My Face says, too, and it lathers. Hmmm, maybe it's the "Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate Free" on the back that means it doesn't lather.

Anyway, when I was shaving WTG, I finished about half my face and then checked to make sure I had a blade in. I don't know if that's good (couldn't feel any shaving) or bad (couldn't see any results). It's hard to tell where you've shaved with a latherless cream.

After I was through with WTG, I went XTG, and it was getting less and less comfortable. Come time for ATG, I couldn't even finish. I don't know if I had too much cream for the amount of water on my face or what, but the razor just wouldn't glide. On my right sideburn area, it felt like I'd skimmed off a very thin piece of skin, with just how it hurt and then burned when I touched it and put AS on it. (No skin was taken off, though, apparently.)

The scent is amazing. Makes your mouth water.

Latherability is a 0 because it doesn't lather.

I would say it's pretty moisturizing, because it's just like rubbing oil on your face.

Packing is a simple black tube, great for its purpose, nothing to write home about. Looks nice.

I wonder if others have gotten or could get better results than I did with this.

Might make a good pre-shave?
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability