What's new

Burt's Bees Natural Skin Care for Men Aftershave

Pros: Smells amazing and highly moisturizing
Cons: Similar to rubbing oil on your face, high price for low amount of product
This smells like heaven. Seriously. I want everyone to smell me now that I have this on my face. It's that great. However, I won't be using it again as an exclusive AS because I have a very oily face naturally, and the high amount of oils in this just seem to sit on my face and not absorb in. I will try to use this in conjunction with another better absorbing AS.

Overall, if you live in a very windy area or have naturally dry skin, this may be a wonderful thing for you. It smells so damn good and moisturizes like no other. Aside from the extra greasiness of my skin, it /is/ incredibly soft. Would recommend to the right skin type!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Burt's Bees is okay.

It's cheap, $8 at Target.
It moisturizes...a lot...maybe too much. It is somewhat greasy, but once it dries/soaks in, its makes my face feel good!
It's natural, if that matters.

It smells weird. The scent is faint. I find the product almost odorless. Trace citrus and woodsy scents which makes sense considering the ingredient list....BUT....there is a weird top note and, to me...it smells like hot dog!!! Perhaps there are Oscar Meyer essential oils in there, hahaha. I kid you not, I smell a faint hot dog odor everytime I apply it. It bothered me at first, but I got used to it. I mean, what's more American and Natural than hot dogs :001_tongu

I gave it overall high marks because I use this balm a lot. It works great. It just has a processed meat smell.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Bought this as an emergency balm when I was on vacation using the electric after a long time with real shaving (ow!). It helped some, moisturized OK, but I did note the somewhat greasy feel. It has a very piney sort of smell, like a pine forest, which is fine but not my thing.

I was happy to have something while I was away from home and it was low priced enough that I didn't bother to pack it to bring back.

Not really recommended.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I am a big fan of Burt's Bees products and usually highly recommend them. However, I would advise that you do not use this product at all.

After using this product for two weeks as a face moisturizer and ASB, I noticed that I had some redness on my nose and chin. My cheeks also appeared to be getting a sun tan ... in the middle of winter. I deduced that whatever was happening must of had something to do with this product. So I went on-line and looked up all of the ingredients of this product and found that bergamot, lemon, orange, and petitgrain oils are all photosensitizers. This means that they make your skin more sensitive to UV rays. It may all be coincidence, however I have ceased the use of this product for two weeks and the redness, which I believe was sun burn, has subsided.
Like others have said. No burn, sort of greasy, but it does fade. The scent wasn't overpowering, and was kinda nice. Overall, a good, decent product. And besides, it is 100% natural, and the company is one of the oggd guys out there I think, so I'll be keeping some on hand.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is a bit odd compared to most after shave balms I've used. It moisturizes well, but it's quite oily and leaves your face feeling a bit greasy when your done - I can't use it more than every once in a while or it gives me acne level of greasy. But god does this stuff smell good! Ten for scent!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
From the website:
Ingredients: water, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, glycerin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, stearic acid, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, glucose, citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, pogostemon cablin (patchouli) oil, citrus reticulata (tangerine/petitgrain) leaf oil, abies sibirica (fir needle) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, bisabolol, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, lecithin, sodium borate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase

Price:Very affordable...website lists it at $8.00 for a tube (it's a little more expensive at Whole Foods)

Quality:Pretty good...somewhat thin consistency...made of natural products, though.

Fights Razor Burn:It has not irritated my face at all, and I haven't felt razorburn after using it.

Cooling Sensation:None that I have noticed

Scent:This is where I had my problems with this aftershave. I had heard that it smelled a bit like Speick...and it does...a bit. My problem with the first few uses what this it reminded me of the scent of powdered lemonade mix. Very sweet, very lemony. I must admit it has grown on me a bit, but it still smells a little too lemonade-mixy to me. If you smell the cologne (they have testers at Whole Foods) it smells pretty much identical.

Efficacy:Works well as a balm. I gave it a 6 because it left my skin feeling pretty greasy for a while (kind of like skin food or if you use too much Musgo real aftershave)

Moisturizing:Moisturizes quite well (thus the problem mentioned above)

No Alcohol Burn:None (as it doesn't contain alcohol)

Overall I'd say this is an OK product...not terrible, but not spectacular. I preferred the Bay Rum AS Burt's Bees put out earlier (scent was better and it was a bit thicker). Affordably priced and readily available...which is a plus. Even though I knocked the scent, it has actually grown on me a bit.

You can discuss it here.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn