What's new

Burt's Bees Bay Rum Cologne

I was happy to see that there's a burt's bees UK and australian site, but neither list any of the bay rum products :( I was hoping to get some bath soap and this cologne.
Wingnut;1378546 said:
Have any of you found Burt's Bees Bay Rum available in your area lately, and if so, where?

I bought it via the Burt's Bees website a couple of months ago.
Ive been looking for the ASB, after a friend gave me a little tester / sample bottle...
In my quest for the ultimate bay rum, I went into my local granola temple (AKA Whole Foods in Chapel Hill, NC) a few days ago and asked about this product after not finding it on their shelves. FWIW, the Health & Beauty guy told me that BB was no longer making this. As a matter of fact, he mentioned that it was only sold as part of a special holiday pack a few years ago, and it's now gone for good. I have also cruised various Burt's Bees sectons in other local stores, all to no avail. :confused:

Now, far be it from me to take what the average tattooed-and-pierced, minimum-wage-earning worker bee at WFM tells me as the gospel truth... and so I take the question here to you good gentlemen: What say you? Have any of you found Burt's Bees Bay Rum available in your area lately, and if so, where?
BBBR goes on strong, overpoweringly strong at first. This could be a put off for some, and indeed it was a huge turn off for me. After it mellows, though, it turns into a somewhat more recognizable Bay Rum scent. It fades after a few hours.

It seems that twenty dollars is the going rate for a bottle, and I believe there are far better deals on Bay Rum IMHO.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
It took a little bit for this to "click" for me, but I absolutely love it now! It's very definitely a "real" bay rum (focus on the bay oil, not on the spices), but it has a complexity lacking in some of the other "real" bay rums (TOBS, Dominica, Royall). In fact, this may be the only truly ominous-smelling fragrance I own.

The patchouli (which usually I don't like, because of "dirty hippie" associations) is very well done, and along with the fir and cedar notes, becomes almost an earthy animalic note. Seriously! If colognes had theme music, it would go well with "Jaws" . . . just for the pure something's-going-to-get-you suspense.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Found a new 2.0ounce bottle of this on ebay and bought it for $13.00. Very hard to find, but worth it if you do find it. At first, I wasnt fond of the scent and I am a huge bay rum fan. But after it mellowed somewhat, I really started to enjoy it. And it did come with an atomizer!!! Thumbs up from me:thumbsup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
As you said, the staying power is very long and I love the smell!! It was impossible to find here so I ordered it in UK.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Description
You'll love the warm, rich aroma of the tropical herbs and spices infused in this Bay Rum Cologne.
4 fl. oz. for around $20

Ingredients
SD alcohol 40-2 (distilled from yellow corn), bay oil, orange oil, vegetable glycerin, lemon oil, cinnamon oil, fir needle oil, lavandin oil, cedarwood oil, patchouli oil, clove oil, sage oil.
99.90% Natural

This cologne has great staying power. I find that a little goes a very long way. The downside is that the bottle lacking an atomizer. This is one cologne you wouldn't want to dump on yourself!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)