What's new

Burt's Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

I absolutely love the Bay Rum scent. As the original reviewer mentioned, great balance of sweetness and Bay Rum.

However, the only drawback I have with this ASB is that it felt "waxy" to me. I attribute it to an additive that maintains it's "all natural" claim.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I agree with the author, this is a really good shave balm. One of my favorites.

I usually only use it to treat any red areas that might seem irritated or threatening to turn to bumps. It's really good for this purpose; hitting spots of irritation.

The scent is really nice, but as the original author said it begins to wain rather quickly. This balm is not going to act effectively as a cologne, which is too bad because it does smell really good.

Still, if you like balms, this one is worth a try. Recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love Burt's Bees except for there shaving supplies. This great balm is the exception though. It boasts 99.71% natural and contains alcohol but moisturizes really well with a great bay rum scent.

Price: 12 bucks for 4oz. You may be able to find it cheaper if you look around. It lasts a long time though as you only need a very small amount.

Quality: What you'd expect from Burt's. The container is a quality metal bottle with a nice design. The pump is very efficient and I have had no problems with it in 8 months of use.

Fights Razor Burn: Very soothing to the skin.

Cooling Sensation: Cools ok, a little fanning helps.

Scent: I really like the scent. A balance of sweetness and straight up bay rum. Very clean. My only gripe is the scent only lingers about 30-60 minutes.

Efficacy: Like said a little goes a long way. 1-2 pumps is really all you need which is hardly any. At first its a little greasy but that quickly dries and your face feels toned, refreshed, and protected.

Moisturizing: Very good, no complaints.

No Alcohol Burn: You get a little burn not much though.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)