What's new

BURBERRY WEEKEND Cologne For Men

The Burberry line never ceases to amaze me. I feel with any Burberry fragrance you are investing in top-notch-quality ingredients (not synthetic smelling) without breaking the bank. Good value for your money. And if you find one on the discount rack, its just gravy. And Burberry Weekend is no exception.

It lives up to its name. Definately a jeans & T-Shirt kinda fragrance. Great scent for just hanging around the house reading B&B or running errands. Its really casual. Not formal by any means. Burberry Weekend in my mind creates images of lying in a hammock sipping a Corona thinking about cutting the grass :thumbup1:

Burberry Weekend is a soft, light fragrance. To decribe this frag in one word ... Lemon. Not orange, but lemon. To my nose it smells like a creamy lemon soap. Which is a good thing cause a lemon kinda scent invokes relaxation IMO. It reminds me of the scent of Dove bar-soap. Its a fantastic summer scent. I think its ideal for folks in Austrailia or Arizona. Its not the kinda scent that will cloy you to death in the heat. The dry-down is a nice soft honey scent. Also mixed in is a very slight musk or I guess amber.

Another similar scent in the same category to Burberry Weekend that comes to mind is Lacoste Challenge.

The longevity is moderate, on my skin I get about a about 4 hours. The sillage is light so you wont be overpowering anybody with this one. It teases anyone who might catch a gentle whiff off you and at the same time will remind you of what you are wearing.

I think its worth the price if you find it at the discounters like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Winner's, or where I was lucky to find mine at Shopper's Drug Mart on the $20.00 frag shelf.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
2.00 star(s)
I bought my Weekend about a year ago, and gave it a healthy try before having to give it away. I really can't complain about anything from this fragrance itself. The top notes were very nice. But, once it reached the middle notes, the scent didn't mix with my body chemistry. For some reason, the scent 'spoiled' on me, for lack of a better word. So, I passed it on to a friend who has really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this experience, and it's the only scent I've experienced it with. I would recommend that you try this scent out for a day before you buy it. It might save you some money in the end.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Burberry Weekend is a strange case.

It's a little on the expensive side, but not egregiously so. It's relatively high quality, but not to the extent where I'm totally comfortable dropping the dollars on it. I'm a design grad, and for some reason I do like the packaging, and the round bottle design. It reminds me of Escape by Calvin Klein in this regard, particularly the bottle, and the box is classy and casual-looking. The scent matches its look very well. This is a light, casual cologne that fits its name perfectly. But it loses several points for having a typical, perfume-house, "musk" note, which is rather warm and ferile, and doesn't work with the otherwise fresh, fruity lineup in this fragrance's composition. There's definitely citrus in the opening, a bright burst of it, so what is this rich honey/musk thing going on underneath? Somewhat of a bad idea I think. And like any cologne with a misfire ingredient, that ingredient has dominated this overall fragrance in the end, making its longevity and complexity comparable to other designer fragrances, but maybe not quite as up to snuff.

There's nothing wrong with the atomizer, although sometimes it takes a few extra pumps to get it primed and working. Overall, Weekend is a bit generic, wishy-washy smelling, and weak, but not offensive, and certainly fine for lounging around on a Saturday afternoon.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
If your looking for a light scent this could be for you. Very fresh.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
This was the only scent I took with me on a recent trip because I have a mini of it so it packed well.

I prefer earths and woods scents to the fresh and marine trend of today. This is definitely in the 'fresh' category.

While it took a while to grow on me, a few wearings and I made friends with it.

It has (on me) the best staying power of any citrus cologne I've worn.

'Weekend' is a good name for it. I wouldn't wear it out with a suit in the evening, but with shorts and sandals it fits the bill nicely.

Danged if I detect any sandalwood or musk in this. On the other hand, maybe it's the presence of those notes that makes this agree with me.

Pyramid per Basenotes:

Top:
Grapefruit, Lemon, Tangerine

Heart:
Ivy Leaves, Oak Moss, Sandalwood

Base:
Amber, Honey, Musk
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
All I want to say is my girl friend says she is turned on by the smell of this stuff. Isn't that enough? It has a very good staying power that lasts several hours after application. It comes in a small atomizer and all you need is a few spritzes to get a good seductive scent on yourself. My girl friend says she likes a clean smell on a man, so I guess this meets that test. I would add that it has a complex citrus smell. But to cut to the chase, this product accomplishes what I want I want it to do.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)