What's new

Bump Patrol (Original Formula)

Item Description

Price : This Stuff is cheaper than Tend Skin. And a little bit goes a long way. Good price for a good product.

Quality: This is a Top 3 in fighting razor burn and bumps for me. Great quality.

Fights Razor Burn: This is where the product shines... I usually after my shave just put some on a q-tip and touch the few areas that have razor burn or bumps. Then later that evening i put a little on a cotton ball and rub a little all over my neck. And in all seriousness , the next morning.. i will have Zero redness and Zero razor bumps and ready to have a BBS shave!

Cooling Sensation: I wouldn't say that it's Proraso or anything like that. But after the initial sting it a little cooling.

Scent: I gave this a 7 because it's really like a medicine for your skin. This stuff does wonders, its not an everyday AS that you splash on and head out the door..... but man does it smell better than Tend Skin.:thumbup1:

Efficacy: The stuff is called "Bump Patrol" for a reason....

Moisturizing: I gave this a 5 because it really "seals" the skin and drys out razor burn with out over drying. I use it maybe 1 or 2 a week any more than that you would maybe notice a little drying. But nothing some "Nivea" Sensitive ASB couldn't take care of.

No Alcohol Burn: ummmmmm.... i mean yea.... it burns. But for a guy like me i really don't mind it. Like i said it's more of a medicine or treatment for your skin.

Over all this is a good product. I know that it is really marketed toward the African American male, but for me, a white guy that sufferd from bad folliculitis and razor bumps this stuff worked great.

Latest reviews

I'm a bigtime believer in Bump Patrol. In my shaving history I have tremendous problems with ingrown hairs and irritation on my neck. Shaving with a straight razor has helped this out tremendously, but occasionally I still have issues. Bump Patrol is a miracle in a bottle. I'll never be without it.

Whenever I have a rough shave, my razor is a little dull or I've had to use a safety razor, I reach for Bump Patrol. I toss a little bit on and then follow up with another aftershave splash.

It kind of stinks, but the scent disappears in about 10 seconds.

It doesn't have any cooling properties, but that's not what it's for.

It's not moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out your skin either.

Bump Patrol doesn't burn any more than any other alcohol based splash.

A little bit goes a long way as I've had the "large bottle" for more than a year.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Bump Patrol was my workhorse when I began wet shaving and was nicking my self and trying to shave too close, causing ingrown hairs. I applied it to the whole shaving area after a shave and then a little while later applied a light balm. It worked wonders. I still use it for days when I get a bit too aggressive or try out a new razor that doesn't agree with me.

Some comments on my ratings:

1. Fights Razor Burn: 10, I should also add a 10 for "fights ingrown hairs".
2. Cooling Sensation: 0, but it's not supposed to have any.
3. Moisturizing: 5, neutral for me. Left my skin more or less how it normally feels.
4. No Alcohol Burn: 0, yes it burns, but it's supposed to.

This is a product that may make your wet shaving career much less painful, especially at the beginning.

Scott
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I have to say that jasonGjordan nailed the review. This is really the only thing that works well for me in combating ingrowns, other than shaving everyday. After using this product for just over a week I noticed that my ingrowns were disappearing, and a 2 years later they rarely ever show up. The product is mainly marketed to those of African decent, however it works for everyone.

Price: Worth every penny, usually goes for about $7.00 at walmart and target. It also lasts a long time and you don't need to use much.

Quality: Great stuff.

Fights Razor Burn: unequivocally, YES!

Cooling Sensation: When the alcohol in this stuff starts to evaporate off your face the feeling is great.

Efficacy: Works like a charm.

No Alcohol Burn: This stuff does burn when you put it on, but who cares? we're men after all, aren't we? Feel the burn, it's good for you.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)