What's new

Brut Splash On (Australian) - 200ml

Pros: Contains menthol.
Cons: (Too?) Strong scent
One of the wife's favorite scents. For me its a little strong; I can actively smell it for hours after application. Nice amount of burn vs. cooling in the menthol. Smells just like Brut. One of the better alcohol a/s i have. (I'm not an Aqua Velva guy.)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Uck, Brut. So average. So cheap. So middle-school and middle of the road.

I can't entirely hate Brute because it's unique . . . despite everything about it, I can't say I've encountered too many other fragrances that are similar to real live Brut aftershave. This is the kind of thing that uses alcohol like a weapon - hammers out the rough edges after your shave, leaves your face feeling bitten and smooth, but the smell will make your head spin - it least that's what it does to mine. Just not a great scent.

Good if you like odd 70s scents. Bad if you're looking for a quality aftershave. Just my opinion.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
isnt that the brut splash on body lotion?
The other day i was in my local drugstore and i bought their spray cologne.
I like the scent. Reminds me a bit of Clubman aftershave but more subtle.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
This is an odd one. Its not the Brut we all know and love, the bottle can tell me that - but I'm not sure what makes it different.

It has a cheap plastic bottle, which is a pity, but its dirt cheap which is a plus. (my bottle is also made in Australia, which is fun).

But back to the liquid itself. There's no difference. Ive even tried putting this on one side of my face, and Brut aftershave on the other side. No difference. (this one may have a slightly lighter scent, but if that's so its not by much). Its not as good as the more expensive ones, but its a bargain price so you cant expect it to be.

That said, its great, cheap and cheerful Brut: smells like Brut, works well, cheap and available everywhere.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)