What's new

Brut Original Fragrance (Made in Mexico)

Pros: price and scent
Cons: none
It stings a bit going on, but this classic fragrance hangs in there throughout the day, almost as well as Clubman. The scent has some licorice, floral and a bit of muskiness. It leaves the skin refreshed.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is a unique after shave I think, and the one that I've ever tried that really burns. Yep, it burns like hell for a few seconds, so it's not for everyone. I really like the scent.

Price: really cheap, about $90MXN (about $8USD) and it's available at walmart.

Quality: it's not a high-end product, but it doesn't perform or feel like a cheap one.

Fights razor burn: as I mentioned it really burns for a few seconds, but after about 3 minutes leaves the skin really toned and without a trace of razor burn. However, I think that if you have extremely sensitive skin it will leave you burned. I'm very used to alcoholic aftershaves (I like to call them like that :thumbup1:) and if you are too it will leave your skin really well looking without any greasy sensation.

Cooling sensation: it has a bit of menthol, but it's faded with the rather warm scent and hell-burning sensation.

Scent: one of my favorites. It doesn't linger 24 hrs (you will hardly find something like that) but doesn't fade quickly neither. It smells like a mixture of spicy warm woods with citrus. Really manly scent, give it a try.

Efficacy: perfect for oily skin or those guys who prefer alcoholic aftershaves.

Moisturizing: nobody uses alcoholic aftershaves to moisture right? But it doesn't leave the skin dry neither. Gives your skin a really light moisture without greasy sensation. It has propylene glycol or glycerin depending on the country of origin. Mine (Mexican made), contains propylene glycol; it also comes in a glass bottle.

No alcohol burn: how many times did I mention that it burns like hell? Well, just for a moment. I really like that burning sensation :thumbup1:

I have to add that it contains a chemical called "Bezyl Benzoate" which is used in other personal care products to prevent the appear of lice, mites and scabies in your skin and scalp. I assume that the hell-burning sensation of Brut is due to that particular chemical. It adds an "extra" astringent property to the alcohol.

Bottom line: give it a try. Those who prefer alcoholic aftershaves won't be disappointed with such a manly scent at a low price.
Top Bottom