What's new

Brut Deodorant

Pros: inexpensive, smells good
Cons: doesn't eat up odor for as long as some others
When I went classic, old-school (and more frugal) a few months back, one of the products I ended up with was Clubman AS. And, not wanting to smell like a walking cologne counter, I searched for a deodorant that went well with the Clubman. Enter Brut deodorant. It's cheap, available (every drug store around here carries it), and pretty effective.
I say "pretty" effective because I think it could last longer in the odor control area. Sometimes by the next morning, I detect a little funk that my previous deodorant handled a bit better. Nothing earth-shattering though. It's all good.
So I'm happy enough with the product but might check out other Brut varieties to see if one lasts just a bit longer (and still smells "right").
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
I use this one almost exclusively. I did not know about the aluminium-free aspect, but just another reason to keep using it.

Certainly very cheap, and doesn't itch. Smell is up my alley too; not moden or 'teenager' smelling.
Both my dad and I have used this deodorant for years. Growing up as a teen I just put on what ever deodorant was in the bathroom... I never had a real smell problem and always showered in the mornings so it was never a daily habbit. We would use what ever we had bought at the store and it was always haphazardly. At first we tried the gels and what ever else came across the isle at the store.
Quite a few years back we started using Brut a lot more then anything else, even then we had a few choices between antiperspirants and deodorants. Using the cylinder push sticks that were marked as deodorants it was plain that they contained alcohol and a large amount at that. because if you left the cap off the head would start to shrink... it was ok but the burning sensation wasn't very pleasant and it left a person wondering when the alcohol evaporated if anything was left under your arm. So we switched to the oval antiperspirant with deodorant and it went on fairly well but after a few days both of us got red rashes that looked like were inflamed, out of shear pain both of us stopped using it with out the others knowledge. The oval stick actually has two varieties with the packaging between the ones with and without antiperspirant amounts to a switch in the text box from blue (w/ AP) to green (wo/ AP) but once the cap is removed its clear that there is a difference the AP is white and looks like a dried cream, but the deodorant looks like a clear green glycerin. At first I thought it was the same as the push cylinder kind, but it wasn't. It didn't have alcohol as is evident from leaving the cap off no change is noticed and it doesn't have antiperspirant which I think was causing the rashes... We exclusively use only the Brut oval stick marked as a "Deodorant" only. I have kidney problems and have read that the aluminum is harmful to organs (especially the kidneys) and applying a heavy metal to an area of your skin that is an inch away form a lymph node isn't my idea of very smart.

The rash and itching is gone, the price is very cheep and its got a great smell that lasts. Granted you still sweat some what but its smell free and with out the side effects.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)