What's new

Brush stands by Stubblefree

I like large brushes, and I think the proper way to take care of them is to let them dry hanging upside down.

I searched high and low on the internet for a brush stand to accomodate brushes with 28mm and 30mm knots and couldn't find one.

I then tried to retrofit a pipe holder like I use to store my razors and promptly ruined it. I can't work with my hands.

The only solution I was able to find was to mangle some coat hangers for an embarrassing looking stand that drew some laughs:
proxy.php

Finally a solution was made available to me by a fellow B&B member, Stubblefree (Vijay). I gave him the dimensions of all my brushes and he tailor-made a stand out of coconut shells for each brush. He also makes shaving bowls.

Here are pictures of my stands in the various stages of construction:

1. Coconut shells in raw form:
proxy.php

proxy.php

2. Shells with the base on which the stands will rest:
proxy.php

proxy.php

3. The finished product without the brushes:
proxy.php

proxy.php

4. The finished stands holding my brushes (the tags you see identify which brush the stand fits and will be removed later--this may seem nutty, but I'm enjoying the "new" look the tags provide):
proxy.php

proxy.php

5. The shaving bowl:
proxy.php

6. Another shaving bowl to display the optional non-glossy finish:
proxy.php

If you know how to custom make one yourself, that's great. But for the unfortunate majority of which I am a member, it's really nice that at last, the void has been filled.

The use of raw materials made useful and beautiful add a richness to my daily shaving experience.

If you are having difficulty coming up with a suitable way to properly care for your brush and want to add a unique and outstanding touch to your shaving regimen, I highly recommend a brush stand and shaving bowl from Vijay. His prices are reasonable, and his work is of outstanding quality. He has earned my trust and confidence.

Contact information:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/member.php?u=21275
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)