What's new

Brooks Brothers 1818

A real classic, suit-wearing, power scent. When I first sprayed it on my first thought was "Dad!?!?" But as the drydown progressed with its solid, confident aura, I began to appreciate its complex craftsmanship. Really says 'seroius, competent man to be respected'. I wear it to business meetings as it isn't overpowering but denotes a quiet confidence in a professional settting. Its a great frag at a very reasonable price. Genuine value.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
AS the others have said, a wonderful business fragrance. Distinctive and inoffensive, no "phews!" here. However, don't think this is going to get attention from the ladies after work. No, no, no. Unless the lady is your mother, then...maybe.
BB 1818 was one of the few scents that I was 99% sure about as soon as I smelled it from the bottle. It is very much an office or business fragrance, but has a bit of sweetness that hints at the family man behind the suit. At $50 for 6 oz, it's just that much better.

I'd love to try Golden Fleece too.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Good for Brooks Brothers that they brought back 1818 recently after withdrawing from marketing their own fragrances in the mid-late-1990s; even before resuming 1818, they introduced Brooks Brothers for Men, which I've bought and liked.

Tragically, they've not yet brought back Golden Fleece, because I don't think I've liked another fragrance better, except perhaps for Hammam Bouquet.

If Brooks Brothers has marketers lurking B&B for insights, PLEASE bring back Golden Fleece!
I find myself putting it on when I have business meetings to attend. It is a serious, refined, businesslike scent.

It’s described on the Brooks Brothers website as:

Traditional, masculine scent with spicy undertones. A masculine foundation of sweet, powdery, leathery, and musky notes further enhance and conclude the fragrance. Comes with spray top.

My 6 oz. bottle, purchased some months ago, came with both a screw on top and a spray top. That was a nice touch for people who prefer splashing it on. I use the spray top.

I get the powdery, leathery, and musky but I perceive little of the sweet.

This scent is a sleeper, not sold by many merchants, but in my opinion very good. Currently retailing for $50 for a 6 oz bottle on the Brooks Brothers website. A good deal at that price, and it can often be found at even lower prices on E-bay.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)