What's new

Bronnley shaving cream

You should clarify that you are reviewing Bronnley's "Body Care Shaving Cream" as opposed to their "James Bronnley Shaving Cream".
Although in past reviews this cream received some less than admirable stances on the scent I found it to be a more of a subtle cologne/musk scent rather than "almonds" or "free soaps" and in fact it is one of my favorite scents to date.

Seeing as I got this for free as a sample the price and packaging could not be rated but it seems that from searching that the price is pretty reasonable.

The latherability of this soap was amazing and I had enough to do at least five passes if I had wanted to from amount half a teaspoon of cream. (almond sized lump) This was very impressive considering I have a very cheap and poorly constructed boar brush as of right now.(Boreal 322) It often fails to really whip other soaps into as thick and rich of a lather as it did with this one.

This cream also was very slick making the process very pleasurable. The shave left my skin a little taught but nothing like the effects from Williams Mug Soap. It was more of a clean sort of feeling than a dry one.

All in all i feel that this soap is not talked about enough and should be experimented with more, come on you know you want to buy some new stuff. Why not Bronnley?:001_cool:
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
It's the scent that I find challenging. . . To my nose it smells like those little free handsoaps you get in hotels when traveling - and it lingers for a while. I dislike it enough that I won't be buying a tub after this sample is done.

It does lather up nicely and performs decently, and the packaging is indeed very nice. The moisturizing properties are not that great. If you like the scent this might be a good buy for ya'.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Bronnley have definitely hit the bullseye with this cream. Easily produced and very thick lather, an interesting scent (almonds with some fresh, more marine-ish notes) and fantastic moisturizing properties (In good Bronnley soap tradition the cream contains sweet almond oil, but also samphire -a kind of marine plant). Packaging is nice as well: a very heavy blue glass jar. On the lid a picture of a rocky beach and the sea: more modern than the classical packaging of three T's, but still pleasant to the eye -The royal warrants on the lid remind us of the respectable tradition of this fine brand.
Combine this cream with the fantastic Bronnley AS balm and your face will be very happy.
Top Bottom