What's new

Boots (UK) Razor Double Edge Razor

Pros: cheap and available
Cons: cheap lookin plastic handle
my first de razor so i have nothing to compare it to however as a straight shaver is know a good shave and this gives it. cheap and cheerfull is the words i would use to describe it. good shave and now has a place in my shavebox with my straights and shavettes. :001_smile
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
I bought this a few weeks ago purely out of interest. I already have the black Wilkinson. Although a few pence cheaper, I think I prefer how this is made because it has a metal head, virtually identical to the Techs I have. I shaved with this a few times, most recently this evening and it gives good results. However it is more aggressive than a Tech so using my usual blade (Feather) I got a nick or two whereas with the Tech I can shave without paying too much attention and I don't get cut. Just requires a little more care in the difficult areas like the adam's apple.

This would make an excellent travel razor as there are no tears if it's lost. Plus you could probably find a replacement easily enough.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
3.00 star(s)
For the price well worth as a standby or to start off with and easily available in the uk.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
Very good for the price, Great shave, even with the no-name blades. I keep mine to use on days when I just want a quick shave, or if I have an area with a spot to go over gently :)

Tom
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
Called into Boot's fed up with the price of Mach3 blades and saw this and thought if its good enough for my Grandad its good enough for me.

A cheap but decent razor. It does a good job and I can't warrant spending £25 on a Merkur when this works perfectly.

Changing blades is a breeze, and the screw thread ensures a tight secure fit with points to align the blade parallel to the edges. Basically when tightened the blade is going nowhere, until you purposefully unscrew it for a blade change.

A better and heavier handle would improve it, but at this price it would be unfair to complain & criticise.

All in all, a very capable cheap razor. A real bargain! If mine broke I would replace it with the same model, especially at that price.
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
4.00 star(s)
Shaved with one for the first time today.

At £3 and a bit, it is a real bargain and gives a very nice shave.

I am very happy with this razor and would happily suggest it to any newbies who want a inexpensive (not cheap) way in to DE shaving.
This is not unlike the Gillette 7-Oh I talk about but it's worse-made.

It's too top heavy and it's head is thicker than that on the other razor.
This is the razor that got me back into DEs. One day I forgot to pack my wash kit and simply went to the nearest chemists (Boots) and bought the cheapest razor I could find. I was lucky to hit upon a razor that works this well and is incredibly cheap.

Price: It was a couple of years ago but I remember it was less than £5 - next to nothing.

Quality: It''s pretty much a piece of crap. Cheap plastic handle that, on mine, isn't even attached completely straight, cheap tinny head which is very poorly finished and still has sharp straggly bits from the poor moulding that they didn't bother to grind off. OK so . . . incredibly cheap and looks and feels like it, but that's not the whole story, as a tool it's great quality, does exactly what it's supposed to and does it well,, quite a surprise that you can get a really good shave out of such a piece of ****
User Friendly: No problems with usability, it's simple and functional, you can't go wrong.

Grip: Doesn't have any knurling but the plastic isn't particularly slippery so the grip is fair.

Ease of Blade Replacement: Three piece razor so not as simple as some but it's never been a problem to me.

Aggressiveness: Pretty average.

Adjustability: You get to choose which blade you put in it.

Balance: Another surprise, good balance considering the plastic handle, probably because the head is so cheap and tinny.

All in all, exceptional value for money, if you don't care what your razor looks or feels like but just how it shaves you'd have a real job doing better than this.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
3.00 star(s)
It's light and made very cheaply, but everything is in perfect alignment. It's as if someone tried to make a cheap and cheerful version of a gillette tech. I prefer the plastic wilkinson sword razor - it's a similar price, but has a better design and feels more substantial. Both shave really well, though.

I need to dig mine out and use it again, for a week or two, before I can give it a fair rating.
At just £3.69, it would be churlish to criticise anything about this razor: so long as it cuts the beard, it’s got to be good value!

As it happens, it’s a damn site better than could reasonably be expected. Yes, the handle is plastic; certainly the head feels tinny; and sure, the fact that the (unsharpened) sides of the blade extend quite a way beyond the head make it a bit of a nuisance when changing the blade. But the fact is that it provides a very decent shave. With four passes (around the same number as I use with my Muhle) I got a very, very smooth shave ... and that was using the (unbranded) blades which came in the blister packet.

Great if you happen to need to buy an emergency razor; well worth trying even if you don't!
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)