What's new

Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm...

Pros: Classic and terrific value
Cons: None
I have both the balm and aftershave and they are available in most of the boots stores in Thailand for 195 Thai baht which is about £2 in the U.K. I use both regularly as they are part of my ever increasing collection, they have been sold by Boots the chemist for decades and are classics I love them, highly recommend any of the two bottles.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Nicely scented aftershave
Cons: Just a tad too thick
I picked up a bottle of this while I was in London and liked it so much I bought another while I was still in town.
I don't remember how much I paid for it, but it wasn't at all expensive (especially as Boots had a buy two get one free going at the time).
It is nicely scented, though not overpowering and moisturizes very well. The only complaint I had (complaint being too strong a word) is that it felt a tad too thick. I cut it with a little witch hazel and it has just the right viscosity for me. If you're in the UK, check it out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Love this too. Works exceptionally well with the bowl soap, which is also excellent. :001_smile

John
I found this balm a few weeks ago when visiting my local Boots for some nappies and baby milk for our newborn. TBH I had never noticed it before, but they have stocked it for a good number of years.

Price: At £2.40 for a 125ml bottle this stuff is as cheap as chips. But just because it has a low price does not mean it is low quality.

Quality: As with all Boots branded products the quality is excellent. I would not hesitate in recommending this product to anyone. Even the bottle it comes in has a good quality feel to it.

Fights Razor Burn: Does it ever!! I have really sensitive skin and if I get things wrong I can suffer badly from razor burn. This stuff eliminates it, totally. Since I have started to use this product razor burn has become a thing of the past for me.

Cooling Sensation: This stuff cools your face fantastically, the feeling it leaves you with can only be described as totally sublime.

Scent: The scent is great, I love it. As the name suggests it has a slightly woody aroma to it. It isn't too overpowering and seems to compliment any other scent you may choose to use. Boots also stock a traditional aftershave splash with an identical aroma so you might want to try that inconjunction with this.

Efficacy: It does exactly what it claims to do. Nothing more, nothing less. You only need a very small amount to get the desired result from this stuff, literally just a tiny amount on the finger tips of each hand and then massage it in to your face.

Moisturising: This moisturises my face perfectly. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and supple. Although if you use too much it can leave a feeling of greasiness, so the golden rule is less is more.

Alcohol Burn: I have experienced no alcohol burn with this whatsoever.

To sum up this really is a great product that really does deserve the 100% score that I have given it. But with all these things YMMV.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)