What's new

Boots Distilled Witch Hazel

Any idea what the difference is between distilled WH and WH water? I bought the water as I read that you had to dilute distilled WH to use it as a skin toner.
It's pricey in Boots at £2.19 (at least it was £2.19 in my local Boots a week ago) when you compare it with supermarkets (£1.60ish) or somewhere like BodyCare, Semichem or Homebargains where it can be had for well under a pound for the same quantity.
This stuff FOR ME really works and I would like to share my findings.

For a while now I've been searching for an aftershave option that would feel good upon my face and neck straight after the shave that wasn't all burn and scent.
Having read various accounts of how witch hazel helps minor irritations I decided to give this stuff a whirl ,it costs £2.49 from all Boots stores .
View attachment 36267
It must be noted that this isn't an aftershave ,it's just a great product for putting on your skin after shaving .

It's a clear water like liquid that has the simple witch hazel scent { of course} that quickly fades ,it's easily applied like any other aftershave product ,and it quickly dries leaving no sticky or greasy residue.
There is no stinging sensation or indeed burn associated with the alcohol based products.
My skin feels moisturized throughout the day and any discomfort from a closer than intended shave is quickly soothed .
I would heartily recommend trying this product ,if you ,like me sometimes suffer a red neck and the odd bout of razor burn.
The label states ''Relieves the discomfort of bruises,sprains,minor skin irritation,rough or sore unbroken skin''
Further to this ,if your into the Menthal feeling you can add a few crystals { also available from all Boots stores } and hey presto !you have a soothing witch hazel smelling cooling aftershave.

Likewise ,if you store it in the fridge it dont half feel good on a morning.:001_smile
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)