What's new

Boosters Mosswood

I can't properly review this, as I am using a sample I received from Shoebox, but I LOVE this scent.

It reminds me of something, but I cannot figure out what. I guess I'll have to go smell all of the old scents I used as a teenager to find out.

I have not tried the GFT Wild Fern, but I definitely will after reading this.
I'm glad you noticed the association as well. I posted in the cologne section a while back that Geo. F. Trumpers Wild Fern smells exactly like Booster's Mosswood. To me they are pretty much identical, except the Mosswood has very minimal staying power.
My first Booster's and it will be a constant in the rotation. No question.

I've also had a chance to sample the Oriental Spice and find it to be similarly excellent in its design. Also, Oriental Spice (on me anyways) lasts twice as long (5-6 hours) which is a nice bonus from an aftershave.

Now, The Mosswood! It is VERY difficult to describe. I've spent time trying to come up with a certain economy of prose here - but the scent and my descriptors for it are elusive. But wait!

I suddenly got it earlier today (hence this review). BINGO. :thumbup:

I know exactly what Booster's Mosswood reminds me of (and apologies to those who have no reference of this scent either). Booster's Mosswood is the very light aftershave version of G.F. Trumpers Wild Fern. They have similar notes and when I compared them side by side, I found them to be (at least to my nose) spot on.

Granted, Boosters Mosswood is less than 1/5th the price of Trumper's Wild Fern, and it's sillage and longevity are commensurate to this disparity! No one will mistake one for the other, but they are similar! And, yes, they compliment each other exquisitely. Mosswood, followed later by a splash of Wild Fern is beautiful - as was the case today.

I love this aftershave - pity it's short-lived (at least compared to the Oriental Spice, maybe other Boosters too, don't know). BUY IT. Under 10 bucks Lads - buy it!

PS. Gentlemen, would love to see some additional reviews posted on this one. I know I was looking high and low in the forums for info on Booster's Mosswood.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)