What's new

Booster's Iced Lime

This
This definitely gives a little sting. I like the old school nature of this. The lime smell is a little kool-aid like to me though. No harm no foul for me though. I like the june and clover best.
I have to admit I am really enjoying this A/S! Some people say the scent is to artificial or popsicle smelling, and in a way it is but thats what a like about it. I am a younger guy and im not particularly looking for a musky lime citrus scent like many other lime products tend to be. I think its a nice scent, but I would like if it hung around a little longer as I only can smell it for about 10-15 minutes after. I somewhat agree with the above review in that a little menthol never hurt anyone and considering it is "iced lime" it only seems logical. The price is great and you get a lot of product so that is a 10. Quality is good, but of course you get what you pay for most of the time and this is no different, however this is a well made splash IMO. As far as mousturizing and soothing razor burn its not bad but considering its an alcohol based splash go with a balm if your looking for extra mousturizing. The alcohol burn is minimal but if you have a rough shave you will definitly be reminded of its alcohol content.

Overall a nice product for a good price with a refreshing and wonderful scent.
try it out!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
My decision to try Booster Iced Lime was largely driven by the consistent praise it receives here on the boards. While I found it to be a good value and decent performer, I also think it's a bit overrated. Its price and performance are more than acceptable, but I felt let down in a couple of key areas:

Unlike the name suggests, I get next to no cooling sensation out of it, nor much of an alcohol burn. Goes on feeling rather watery and 'inert,' shall we say? Might be nicer with a little menthol.

Meanwhile - and as some others have alluded to - the scent is more like lime Kool-Aid or popsicles than actual lime. I'm not sure what I expected from a budget-priced plastic bottle of AS, but this was a big let-down. No sharpness or tang. Nothing natural about the scent.

All in all a reasonable performer, it's just not for me I suppose. I'd recommend folks looking for a cooling sensation or natural-smelling fragrance look elsewhere.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Picked this up with along with a higher end A/S. This comes in a plastic bottle with a simple label. Quite frankly, someone in an altered state might confuse the bottle with mouthwash.

Price: You can't beat this. $9+ for 14oz is what I got it for. Most A/S you can only find in 3-4oz bottles and you will often pay more than $9. This stuff is a bargain.

Fights Razor Burn: Works for me on those days when I have a rough shave. Seems to reduce the irritation in my neck fairly quickly.

Cooling Sensation: Like the other reviewers have said, it has alcohol, therefore it cools. However, if you are looking for a long lasting cooling sensation, look elsewhere. Let's call this a quick chill.

Scent: The scent evolves quickly. It smells like a lime popscicle going on. It then gets a little fake limey for a few seconds and then settles back down into a more normal lime scent. If you are looking for a scent with staying power, this isn't it. In fact, I liked the fact that once the lime scent faded, I could smell the Musgo Real shaving cream. Good A/S to use and not interfere with other colognes or A/S.

Efficacy: It does what it is supposed to do.

Moisturizing: I don't think I'd call it moisturizing, but it doesn't dry out my face either. It's a happy medium.

No Alcohol Burn: Oh there's burn, but I've been fried worse. Nothing to fear here.

This was my first intro to a Boosters A/S and I'm pretty impressed. Looks like I'll be hunting down some more scents from them.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I like the Booster After Shave products. They are great bang for the buck. The Iced Lime is one of their best. If you like Lime products you will enjoy this and with the size of the bottle it will be around for a long while as well. Just a good solid nice smelling after shave! :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Like all Booster AS the price, moisturizing and scents are a winner. This one doesn't disappoint in the moisturizing department. Keeps your face feeling really smooth. Tons of glycerin and goodies. The scent for me reminds me more of a candy, jell-o, sweet kind of limey. It's ok but not my favorite of the bunch. Always start with the sampler pack from Booster as each person will favor a different scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love lime, and this one has a sharp lime smell, so plus marks for that. I prefer the June Clover as a gentler scent, but this is a great pick me up first thing in the morning. If you've been rough you will definitely feel the alcohol in this stuff, but the sting goes away quickly as does the scent. It leaves behind something, I'm not sure what. But whatever it is keeps your face soothed and happy.

If you're looking for a long lasting scent, look elsewhere. But for a good whiff of lime and an effective AS, this stuff is hard to beat. And the price is sure right! :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I found this to be a great aftershave, it works really well and doesn't dry out your skin in the process. I could not find any real alcohol burn yet, even on small nicks. It is very smooth. To me the scent is like a green popcicle, limey yes, but not a pure lime smell, more like candy. The good thing about the scent is it doesn't linger for long so you can use whatever cologne you want to use. If you get razor burn, this is a good aftershave to use, however I still feel I need a good balm if I get too much razor burn. It has a slight cooling sensation, but not as much as the name seems to imply. Overall great product for a great price, you get alot in that large bottle for 10 dollars!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I decided to try some Booster's Iced Lime when I purchased my DE razor last week. So far I really like it.

Price: This got a 10 for price because its unbeatable. $9.99 for a 14 oz bottle is a wonderful price. The bottle is just over 3 times the size of most store bought aftershave products, so its actually cheaper as compared to most of those brands.

Quality: Seems to be a high quality product. I honestly cant say its better than other alcohol based spalsh-ons but for what its worth I rate it great quality.

Fights Razor Burn: My first shave with my DE, I razor burned the hell out of myself. This aftershave definitely helped cool and calm the skin

Cooling Sensation: Its alcohol based so obviously its gonna give the cooling effect.

Scent: I absolutely love the scent. To be quite honest, it smells exactly like Lime Jell-O. The only reason I rate it a 9 is because based on reviews of other products, this doesnt really produce the "real" lime smell. But all in all, I like the scent. And the best thing is IT DOES NOT LINGER. Unlike my previous after shave (aqua velva type), the scent is gone within the hour. There is no lingering strong cologne scent. I pretty much think its lime scent is for the pleasure of applying it, then it disappears, I like that cause it dont interfere with whatever cologne i choose to wear.

Efficacy: Its just as efficient as other splash-ons, I am considering trying an atomizer to cut down on waste though

Moisturizing: I only rated it an 8 because its an alcohol splash-on....if you are looking for super moisturizing, you should use a balm. Myself, I absolutely despise the heavy feeling the balms leave on my face.

No alcohol Burn: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Its alcohol based! BURN BABY BURN! Rated 0 because of that. If you dont like burn then you should also use a balm.

All in all I love this product. Mainly for the scent and how it doesnt linger. But even more so the price and value. I will definitely be buying more of this product in the future.

Note: Photo courtesy of www.shavingessentials.net
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn