What's new

Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile

Item Description

Received this Italian blade as a sampler.

Loaded on to a slant. Used Em's pre shave oil and super lathered with L'Occitane and Musgo.

The cutting sound is similar to the Feather. Very smooth and efficient shave. IMO a slight notch below the Gillette yellows but again maybe just as good.

The famous Italian "Lama Bolzano" has been Italy's best selling razor blade for almost a century. This latest variant of the Bolzano blade uses a very advanced Titanium plating process for superb smoothness and durability. 5-pack.

A great overall blade that deserves consideration as an everyday blade.

Latest reviews

Cons: Very Dull
I had these for a while and finally got around to trying them out. They were terrible. Like the Timors, they pulled on the very first shave. I got lots of nicks. It was not a fun shave. When all was said and done, the result was somewhat smooth an passable but not worth it. Especially for the price.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, consistent quality, smart packaging
Cons: None so far
This is my new weapon of choice, trumping the Feathers I have been using for a while now. I took the plunge and bought 50 from Connaught and so far have not looked back, close and smooth these seem to sit well in my DE86 razor, the sharpness I would put on a par with the Feathers, but without the irritation. Where the Bolzanos really win is longevity, shaving daily I get five good close and smooth shaves from these whereas three shaves with the Feathers was the limit.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and Smooth
So far I've loaded this blade into a Fatboy on 3, 5, and 7 and it prefers a more aggressive razor, so 7 is a good match on the FB. I have yet to load this into my Schick Krona and can't wait. My 10 other razors are waiting their turn, but not quietly!

The shave was utterly perfect. Very forgiving and smooth and I can feel the quality as I shave with it. The end result is always perfection. No weepers or irritation and my skin feels great, just like others have said. I have over 30 different types of great blades and these are in the top 10. The Gillette 7oclock Yellows(I use them the most) also came to mind while I was shaving with this blade(though Bolzanos may not be as sharp, but close), but I think it's not exactly helpful to compare to another blade really because this is its own beast and not alot of people try as many blades as I do. Your razor will likely take part in determining how well the blade performs, so get your RAD on. Also worth noting is that I once used Merkur blades and hated them until years later I tried them again and I'm in love with them in a "girl next door" kind of way, so you may have to wait until experiece comes before you understand these blades, or dare I say use them!?
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)