What's new

Bogart Por Homme

Item Description

I've been dipping into the wonderful world of high-end samples / decants of late. After going through about 20 little vials, the only one that really stood out enough to make me go "wow, this stuff smells really good! Where's my credit card?" was Por Homme by Bogart. What's suprising is that Por Homme was not any of the samples I ordered but a freebie that the merchant tossed in as a thank you.

proxy.php

What does it smell like? - According to basenotes Bogart PH can be described as a "woody aromatic almost oriental fouger". Its 'official' notes are listed as:

Top Notes
Bergamot, Lavender, Water lily.

Middle Notes
Masculine Floral Notes.

Base Notes
Spices, Patchouli, Tonka beans, Vanilla.

If you concentrate you can smell the individual notes but all the ingredients are mixed so well together that its better understood as a whole rather than as a collection of parts.

So what does it really smell like? Imagine going into a tobaconist's shop, opening up a jar of fresh sweet pipe tobacco and taking a long deep breath.

Longevity - It lasts all day. We're not talking a few hours - 12 hours in, I can still smell it.

Price - Bogart por Homme is dirt cheap. A 3.3 oz bottle goes for $21. Considering its complexity, sillage, longevity, and smell, this is a steal.

Latest reviews

Pros: Wife likes it, long lasting, fairly inexpensive
Cons: none
Somewhat floral scent, but masculine. Works well with some of my sandalwood creams and ASBs as well as some of my floral scent creams (rose, lavender, violet).

Of all my scents, this is one of my longest lasting. I'll still get whiffs of it in the evening before dinner time. It's good for at least 8 hours and will go 12.

Although my bottle was fairly inexpensive (around $25), is smells like it should cost more. As such it is one of my everyday, go to scents.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I've been dipping into the wonderful world of high-end samples / decants of late. After going through about 20 little vials, the only one that really stood out enough to make me go "wow, this stuff smells really good! Where's my credit card?" was Por Homme by Bogart. What's suprising is that Por Homme was not any of the samples I ordered but a freebie that the merchant tossed in as a thank you.

proxy.php

What does it smell like? - According to basenotes Bogart PH can be described as a "woody aromatic almost oriental fouger". Its 'official' notes are listed as:

Top Notes
Bergamot, Lavender, Water lily.

Middle Notes
Masculine Floral Notes.

Base Notes
Spices, Patchouli, Tonka beans, Vanilla.

If you concentrate you can smell the individual notes but all the ingredients are mixed so well together that its better understood as a whole rather than as a collection of parts.

So what does it really smell like? Imagine going into a tobaconist's shop, opening up a jar of fresh sweet pipe tobacco and taking a long deep breath.

Longevity - It lasts all day. We're not talking a few hours - 12 hours in, I can still smell it.

Price - Bogart por Homme is dirt cheap. A 3.3 oz bottle goes for $21. Considering its complexity, sillage, longevity, and smell, this is a steal.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
brooklynlou
Views
Reviews
Last update
Rating
2.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from brooklynlou

• eShave Citrus shave cream
    eShave makes a great shaving cream. The stuff lathers up well and...
  • Bogart by Jaques Bogart
    Bogart by Jaques Bogart Think of Bogart as the less affluent but...
    Price = relatively cheap Quality = Ok Aggressiveness = Not very. A...
  • Schick Krona
    Price = The Schick Double Edged Razor (later marketed as the 'Krona')...
  • Lux DE
    I saw this advertised on ebay as "GILLETTE TECH. Exact replica: Razor...
Top Bottom