What's new

Bogart by Jaques Bogart

Great start
Pros: Great scent
Cons: short lived
I'm wearing it this morning! I love the scent as it goes on. It's very masculine. However, it's been 3 hours since I applied and I have to bring my wrist right to my nose to get any scent. At this point it's very woody.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Bogart by Jaques Bogart

Think of Bogart as the less affluent but better adjusted cousin of Blenheim Bouquet.

Both lack any floral or sweet notes - they are not designed to please the nose of any woman that happens to smell you. Due to the lack of any kind of sweetness, BB is often characterized as being 'arrogant' or 'indifferent'; Bogart as 'manly'.

For those that have never tried BB, it starts with a blast of tart citrus. Its as if you squeezed a lime into a Gin and Tonic, then took a deep breath. As BB quickly dries down it smells like a walk through a pine forest down a herb lined path.

Fanboy adulation aside, BB has its bugs. It doesn't last all that long considering what you pay for it and it can, in its dying moments, smell downright medicinal. Its as if the pine got out of synch and faded away before the herbs. Sorry, herbs + powder base = Gold Bond medicated powder.

Bogart begins with the same lemony Gin and Tonic blast that BB is known for. As it dries down the herbal notes come to the fore and mingle with the lemon. When the lemon and herbs fade away, whats left is a long lasting base that smells of aromatic wood and leather with a hint of herbs.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)