What's new

Body Shop Razor Relief (Old Style)

Item Description

This is the old-style Body Shop Razor Relief. It's an aftershave balm (milky, creamy consistency) that was meant to go with the old-style cream. Unlike the cream, there is no pronounced fragrance. It smells like whatever is in it, I guess. Pretty neutral and inoffensive and a good thing, IMO. The formula is based on witch hazel and aloe vera and it does contain alcohol. So if you can't stand a noticeable burn, you might want to avoid this product. Also, if you do use high alcohol splashes before your balm, you may want to skip the splash as it would probably be unnecessary.

After the alcohol burn calms down, there is slow building, subtle cooling effect from the menthol. Personally, I would prefer a high menthol content for this sort of product, but it works fine. It definitely soothes razor burn. Today I had the worst shave I've had since I started DE shaving due to trying out a new razor for the second time in a row and not having my technique with it down quite yet. This really calmed down my skin and I'll probably reapply some more later in the day.

Overall, I like this product, but it loses points because it seems to contain more chemical ingredients than I would prefer. I don't think it will be replacing Nivea ESB as my every day balm, but it's nice to have around if you've had a particularly rough shave or prefer a balm with alcohol. The price is also right, currently $4 for 100 ml.

Latest reviews

Right, I finish my tube this morning so it's only fair that I review it.

Price
Not so bad but now, BS pulled this off the shelves...

Quality
The product was good, I had worse products and better one but I think this is one of the good one.

Fights Razor Burn
It did help for razor burn but it wasn't figthing it 100%

Cooling Sensation
Very mild cooling sensation. If you experience anything close to the Ghostrider, avoid this product, otherwise, all right.

Scent
Mild scent, I think it reminded me of cherries

Efficacy
The absorbtion was very good

Moisturizing
Very good mosturizing effect

No Alcohol Burn
I don't think I had alcohol burn with this...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
$3 a tube and a mild scent!! can't go wrong here. the cooling menthol is mild and leaves my skin smooth. buy it while you can people!!!!

Item information

Added by
cvac
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from cvac

Top Bottom