What's new

Body Shop - Of A Man ASB

I agree with the above poster on all the items. Adding in that I have extremely sensitive skin, and the initial burn only lasted about 5-10 seconds, followed by an acceptable cooling sensation My wife approves of the scent, and I also enjoy it. It goes on well, however I agree that the pump spray to get the AS out of the bottle is annoying. So, overall, very happy with this ASB.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
While perusing my local Body Shop in an effort to pick up some of their shaving cream before it is reformulated, I was also intrigued by the variety of ASBs that they offered. Being a balm man myself, I am always on the lookout for a great balm to find locally. The packaging is very nice (a painted glass bottle with metal spray top), although I am not crazy about the spray top. Repeatedly pumping the top to get enough to slather on your face seems unnecessary to me.

proxy.php

Price: Not bad, at $16.00. Fits nicely between the drugstore brands, and higher end offerings.

Quality: Very nice, quality balm. Spreads nicely without being too greasy, or light.

Razor Burn/Cooling: This balm is pretty good at soothing the skin, but I would definitely like to see more of a cooling effect in this balm.

Scent: My favourite of the Body Shop offerings. It has a nice fresh scent, although I find that it is a little bit cosmeticy/medicinal. The Of A Man EDT is very nice, and this is very similar, but with a bit of a hand lotion smell.

Efficacy: This is exactly what I look for in a balm. It is very moisturizing, without being too greasy, or heavy. Perfect if you live in a dry climate like I do.

Moisturizing: As stated above, a very moisturizing balm, without being too heavy/greasy.

Alcohol Burn: This is the first balm where I have experienced alcohol burn. For me, it is not an immediate burn, but it usually kicks in within a minute or so of application. It is not a sensitivity, or allergy, as there is no redness accompanying the burn, so it must be the alcohol, or aloe. Not too severe though, it usually fades within 10 minutes.

Overall, I am very happy with this balm, and excited that I can find it locally at a decent price. It will definitely enjoy a long term spot in my rotation.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)