What's new

Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream

Item Description

Price: $16 for the 200 mL. Not cheap, not expensive either.
Quality: top-notch. nothing bad to report
Scent: smells younger and more modern. It's very much like laundry detergent.
Latherability: on par with Taylor's Creams. VERY easy to lather.
Efficacy: one of the best shaves I've had in a couple weeks. It works.
Moisturizing: medium. Doesn't dry me out, doesn't make me oily. just right, really.
Packaging: top-notch. similar to old tub.

Overall, I like it. Performance-wise, it's top notch. Scent-wise, I have fallen in love with the old stuff, and I'm sad to see it go.:frown:

Latest reviews

Pros: scent, lather, after shave feel
Cons: availability
I was a given a sample of this in a trade. The trader was giving it up because his skin reacted badly to it. I'm not sure what's in it, but I had no reaction, just a great shave with a rich, uniquely scented lather. The after shave feel was great, like the after shave feel of TOBS Avocado cream (which is one of my favorite feels).
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great protection and post shave feel
Cons: Non - I wish it had a scent but its natural, so just has its own smell.
I bought the tube version, which contains less than the tub.

I face lather and the regular almond sized dollop of cream was plenty for 2 or probably three passes.

The cream is thick and produces a nice rich lather that protected my face well. I added a little more water half way through shaving as it started to dry near the end, so lesson for next time, whisk in more water. My face was well protected throughout, beard came off problem free and post shave feel was great. Now, 6 hours later, my face is still feeling good. Not clogged at all and fresh. I would expect this cream would suit most sensitive skin types also but you'd need to try that yourself to be sure. Highly recommended.

My only gripe is that it does not really have much scent, just a mild nutty smell. That is probably half the reason it doesnt irritate skin much as its just made for shaving, not for scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Excellent smell, good moisturisation, nice lather
Cons: Bit pricy.
I bought this product on a whim and can confidently say that I love it. The cream creates a large amount of lather from a very small amount, the smell is amazing and stays on your face for many hours after the shave, and the moisturising properties are as a whole very good. The cream is also packaged very well in a hard plastic tub with a screw cap.

The only con I can even think of is that the price is a little steep, but when you consider how long a 200g pot will last, it is a non-issue.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)