What's new

Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief

Pros: natural materials etc
Cons: the smell!!!
This product is very good in that it comes from the Body Shop and has all their product features. It works well as an ASB because it soothes the face after shaving and gives a pretty good moisturizing effect. The tube is not bad with a flip cap to assist one handed use. BUT. IT SMELLS TERRIBLE!!! Its a strong vegetable/rooty type of a smell, and unfortunately nothing like the shaving cream which is mild, fresh and clean. This stuff is also quite liquid so one has to be careful when taking it out. The good news is that the scent fades quite rapidly. Within an hour or so its gone and though there is a very fine film of greasiness (but not bad) that remains all day, the scent (thankfully) is not present. So its that first hour or so in the morning which is trouble. I also make sure to apply a cologne whenever I use this. At the moment I am using this regularly, primarily to use up my supply ASAP...and I will not be buying more of this.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Very Moisturising. The best thing I ever put on my face.
Cons: Smells like a sack of mouldy potatoes.
I use this product with the Maca Root shave cream and the two compliment each other very well. Its not the cheapest balm out there but it is excellent so I would say it is worth the price. It gives a mild burn and then fades and leaves my skin moisturised and feeling comfortable.

The scent is not the best but it fades fast and doesn't interfere with any other fragrance that you apply. The best thing I ever put on my face after shaving.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I got this as part of the body shop set that included the brush, cream, a/s, and a travel mirror for on sale for $2 more than the brush alone, so I put N/A in Price.

I find this to be a highly effective and moisturizing balm that goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. What others describe as a slight burn I would describe as a tingle and a warming sensation that goes away quickly.

Sometimes the balm exacerbates redness from a rough shave, but that only lasts for about 20 minutes, and then my skin quickly goes back to normal.

No cooling sensation, because I don't think there is any menthol at all.

Overall, this is a great balm, and I might even purchase it for full price when it runs out...
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I will have to give this tops all the way across the board. The price is good and the product grand. It is funny others have commented not so highly. Each person has their own. I have horrible skin. One pass irritation type skin. I tried this product out with the "matching" shave cream. I shaved with a lot of method shaving movements. Fast and repetitive. Cut myself a couple of times. I did get a crazy smooth shave. My jawline grows gravel, not hair. It puts dings in blades and car fenders. Therefore it takes a lot to get smooth on that area. And, when I do---irritation. I used this product today and was left with virtually no irritation. When I first applied it I thought I had messed up. It was a titch of burn that quicky subsided. I want to note that the consistency is great on this product. Easy to work with. Not too thick, not too runny. In fact when I was burning I realized it was from me rubbing an area of my face that did not yet have product on it. It's light almost non-existent scent quickly dissipates so you can wear your frag of choice.
Great scent and like the idea of not having all the extra synthetic gunk. Does not leave a "greasy" feeling but rather a smooth feel. Does not seam watery and applies evenly.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I picked up a tube of this AS after a wife approved scent shopping expedition. I also like the scent, but after using it almost went up a wall with how much more my skin burned for a good 20-30 minutes afterwards. I do have fairly sensitive skin, so take this with a grain of salt if you have "tough as nails" skin, or just like an alcohol burn.

It left my skin feeling nice after that initial burn, and a little bit goes a long way.

This will be in my "occasional" or "date night" rotation, but I'll stick with either the Musgo Real or Nivea ESB for my normal AS use.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)