What's new

Blue TIp

Pros: Light
Cons: TTO
I really enjoy my Blue Tip. It shaves nice by being forgiving and offers good blade feel for me. I think it is more aggressive than what people say, not that it will eat your face off, but its not something to overlook.

It is lightweight, due to the aluminum handle, which could be good or bad depending on what you like.

I think the twist to open is a weak spot. Due to there being so many things that could break or be damages. You don't have to treat it like an egg but you do have to be mindful of them.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: mild
Cons: mild
I had to have the blue tip since I had it's brothers (or sisters, depending on what you call your razors). I really enjoyed the red and standard flair tips, but the blue tip was almost too mild for me. It's very light and you need the perfect angle for this to do anything. I don't use it very often.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Very forgiving, nice close shave, easy to use under the nose, easy to load blades, looks cool
I found a 1956 Blue Tip SS online in great shape and it is a pleasure to shave with. The handle is aluminium so the balance is a little bit towards the head compared to my HD Rocket but this razor is still great to use. The head seems a little bit lower profile and easier to get under my nose. The grip is great and the razor as a whole is nimble and very user friendly.

The blue tip was marketed as a "mild" razor for beginner shavers or those with sensitive skin and it is very forgiving but still efficient. Yesterday I dropped a new Feather blade into it and took off a five day growth with a WTG, XTG, ATG shave no problems. No nicks or irritation. Some people say it is "too mild" for them, but it takes care of my medium beard no worries.

The blue tip SS is the easiest to use of all my razors and has replaced my HD Rocket as my daily drive. Why not go for easy and comfortable, but a good shave every day?

If someone started manufacturing a high quality copy of this in modern materials, I think they'd sell a million of them.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)