What's new

Black Opal Razor Bump Recovery with Bio-Hydroxy Complex

Price: I think I paid $10 for a small bottle of this. While this is not that expensive, the bottle has far less doses than competing products.

Quality: Looks and feels to be very good quality.

Moisturizing: Compared to some other treatments, Black Opal is quite moisturizing and has a very nice feeling to it and sink in to the skin quite well.

Scent: Lovely, fresh peppermint scent that never gets old. I often smell it just for the scent.

Efficacy: This is where I am a bit unsure...I tried this product out for 3 days and noticed little effect. Perhaps I will have to try again with it but if your are looking for a sure thing I cannot recommend this product.

Packaging: Comes in a plain cardboard box but the bottle itself is quite nice...it is a thick dark glass screw cap bottle which I am a fan of.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I actually caught this stuff on the web by chance, but it looks like Black Opal has other shaving products too: http://www.blackopalbeauty.com/men_solution.html

It comes in a nice brown glass bottle. I know glass bottles and jars are a favorite with wet shavers.

You put it on the effected area in a circular motion at night. I didn't really have any major razor bumps, but I figure I put it on for prevention, but walah, I shaved against the grain one day and two razor bumps (red ones) popped out. I'm not sure these were ingrown hairs or not. I can never tell, but I know it was the perfect chance to test Black Opal.

It has a nice peppermint scent which is probably these best thing about this stuff. It brags to do this:

Provides a dramatic reduction of razor bumps in 5 to 7 shaves.
#
Advanced formulation helps exfoliate top layers of the skin that entrap embedded hair.
#
Dramatically reduces inflammations caused by shaving.
#
Provides antiseptic action to help skin heal.
#
Minimizes darkening that occurs when razor bumps are reduced.

But hey, its workig. It dissolved one bump and is working on the the other. I has qualms about ordering this since I was not famaliar with Black Opal at all. It looked like they just sold products for women. But I took a chance. The bottle is about 1 fl oz and is about $8.00 (U.S.). I have not tried their other shaving products, but here is the website: http://www.blackopalbeauty.com/men_solution.html
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)