What's new

Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm

Item Description

Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm

Product:
Since I now take my prep very serious, I was looking for a conditioner, to soften up the whiskers even more (though Proraso Pre- and Post- already did a good job).
Since it has received raving reviews on Amazon.com and I had to order from the UK I took a gamble and ordered a huge tub.
37 fl. oz. or 1000 ml.
Huge.
If you ordered the liter (1000 ml) version you would get a pump free.
That's a lid with a pump build in.

Price:
I paid € 32,- or $ 44,- for it.
I know it is a HUGE tub, still... seems a bit steep. It's concentrated so you don't need much.
When buying such a thing (for me) it's not really a problem if it's a bit more expensive,
but you'll find yourself thinking "it better be worth it".

Preparation:
I clip my hair with electric clippers, but did not do that this month (normally every 2 weeks)
nor did I shave for 3 days (good moment to map my beard). I will only use this on beard hair, but felt in order to give a proper review I should test this at least once on my whole head.

Testing:
I applied a bit after using my shampoo and let it sit till the end of the showering.
Then I rinsed it off, and applied a bit more and dried myself (accept my head of course) while the conditioner was doing it's job.
Prepared for my shave (soak brush and then whip up some lather).
When my lather was ready I rinsed it off and applied Proraso Pre- & Post- and let it set for a minute while putting in the Astra that has been used twice.

Conditions:
- 3 days worth of stubble,
- Astra used twice already (the 2nd day the Astra had trouble with the chin area)
- Conditioner on head for 15 minutes
- Proraso Pre- & Post- have also been used

Result:
Beard: much easier to shave. Easier then one day's stubble with a blade that had 1 instead of 2 shaves on it already. But since I also used Proraso I know it did part of the job.
But compared to the shave before, when I've ALSO used Proraso Pre-... a big difference!
It does making shaving easier and it will now be a part of my shaving routine.
Head: my hair on my head is still really short and even though I want to I can't give a proper review of that, instead of 1 mm it is now about 3 mm. Cannot even hold a piece of hair, that short. If I can't give a thorough view of it I'd rather give nothing.
You will have to find that out for yourself I guess.
But what I did notice is it makes my SKIN butter soft.
Really soft. Feels weird.

Scent:
Somewhat feminine. Didn't care for it, glad to rinse it off. Can't say I hate it or was disgusted by it.

Conclusion:
A effective, natural conditioner.
Salon quality. You get what you pay for. Good but a tad pricey.
Comes in different sizes, I have the biggest one.
The free pump (though no doubt cheap to make) is a nice extra that makes using it more convenient.
A good conditioner should be part of your prep.
Would I recommend it? Yes!
But I would recommend any good conditioner that is not too chemical or too pricey.

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Chitosan PCA, Quaternium 79 Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum)

Latest reviews

Pros: deep conditioning to soften hair mostly natural free pump
Cons: price
Matrix Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm

Product:
Since I now take my prep very serious, I was looking for a conditioner, to soften up the whiskers even more (though Proraso Pre- and Post- already did a good job).
Since it has received raving reviews on Amazon.com and I had to order from the UK I took a gamble and ordered a huge tub.
37 fl. oz. or 1000 ml.
Huge.
If you ordered the liter (1000 ml) version you would get a pump free.
That's a lid with a pump build in.

Price:
I paid € 32,- or $ 44,- for it.
I know it is a HUGE tub, still... seems a bit steep. It's concentrated so you don't need much.
When buying such a thing (for me) it's not really a problem if it's a bit more expensive,
but you'll find yourself thinking "it better be worth it".

Preparation:
I clip my hair with electric clippers, but did not do that this month (normally every 2 weeks)
nor did I shave for 3 days (good moment to map my beard). I will only use this on beard hair, but felt in order to give a proper review I should test this at least once on my whole head.

Testing:
I applied a bit after using my shampoo and let it sit till the end of the showering.
Then I rinsed it off, and applied a bit more and dried myself (accept my head of course) while the conditioner was doing it's job.
Prepared for my shave (soak brush and then whip up some lather).
When my lather was ready I rinsed it off and applied Proraso Pre- & Post- and let it set for a minute while putting in the Astra that has been used twice.

Conditions:
- 3 days worth of stubble,
- Astra used twice already (the 2nd day the Astra had trouble with the chin area)
- Conditioner on head for 15 minutes
- Proraso Pre- & Post- have also been used

Result:
Beard: much easier to shave. Easier then one day's stubble with a blade that had 1 instead of 2 shaves on it already. But since I also used Proraso I know it did part of the job.
But compared to the shave before, when I've ALSO used Proraso Pre-... a big difference!
It does making shaving easier and it will now be a part of my shaving routine.
Head: my hair on my head is still really short and even though I want to I can't give a proper review of that, instead of 1 mm it is now about 3 mm. Cannot even hold a piece of hair, that short. If I can't give a thorough view of it I'd rather give nothing.
You will have to find that out for yourself I guess.
But what I did notice is it makes my SKIN butter soft.
Really soft. Feels weird.

Scent:
Somewhat feminine. Didn't care for it, glad to rinse it off. Can't say I hate it or was disgusted by it.

Conclusion:
A effective, natural conditioner.
Salon quality. You get what you pay for. Good but a tad pricey.
Comes in different sizes, I have the biggest one.
The free pump (though no doubt cheap to make) is a nice extra that makes using it more convenient.
A good conditioner should be part of your prep.
Would I recommend it? Yes!
But I would recommend any good conditioner that is not too chemical or too pricey.

Ingredients:
Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Decyl Oleate, Rosemary Extract (Rosemarinus Officinalis), Goldenseal (Hydrastis Canadensis), Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Chitosan PCA, Quaternium 79 Hydrolyzed Keratin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)