What's new

Billy Jealousy Whipped Cream

Item Description

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98024

See the thread above for a detailed explanation of how I reached the following conclusions.

This review is in reference to the Billy Jealousy Whipped Cream Traditional Shave Lather (Brush or Brushless). I received two small sample jars of this new Billy Jealousy product courtesy of the company for testing purposes. Because I believe in giving fair, accurate, and honest reviews and feedback about products, I do not inflate my scoring or finding for any reason (including that samples were sent free from the company), that defeats the purpose of reviewing the product IMHO. For this review I will speak to each category noted above and then add some additional final thoughts at the end.

Price: 22 big ones for an 8 ounce tub. I just used samples, but I will say that for what I was seeking in a cream, it's too expensive for the results you get.

Quality: As a brushless cream, not bad. It actually shows some promise, but I don't like brushless creams. As a lathering cream, forget it, you can apply it with a brush, but it doesn't lather.

Scent: The scent was the best part about this stuff. It has a lavender scent that I detect as well as some undertones but I couldn't really place them. It also smells the exact same as the Jack Black Supreme Cream, so if you've used that, you know what to expect.

Latherability: Non-existent. I used 3 snurdles in two different tests, using two different brushes and didn't even get enough lather to make a good single coat on my face, let alone my head (i'm a headshaver as well). I believe the "Brush or Brushless" on this stuff is the same as the Jack Black, it can be applied with a brush but it's as lathered in the tub as it's going to get. The pictures below make it seem like okay lather but it was very thin and there were a lot of dry spots.

Efficacy: Because this is not a lathering cream that's tough to speak on. When I applied it to my face though, it seemed wet but also dried somewhat quickly.

Moisturizing properties: I didn't notice any particular dryness with this stuff but I wasn't able to even complete a whole shave because there was next to no lubrication when I tried to lather it. Used brushless, the lubrication is better, but still nothing to write home about.

Packaging: I can't speak on this because I used samples that were delivered in two small paint pots.

The end result is that I don't recommend anyone buy this if they are looking for a lathering cream, it doesn't lather. If you're looking for a brushless cream, as usual YMMV so it's probably worth a try, I just don't like brushless creams (I could use canned goop for that).

Here was the final product of over 200 swirls and 3+ minutes of mixing time with both a Tweezerman Badger and a Burma Shave Bristle brush.

Tweezerman Badger Brush After Mixing

Bowl after Tweezerman Mixing

Face after Tweezerman Mixing. Pretty pathetic lather for 3 snurdles and 200+ swirls and the multiple additions of water.

Bowl after mixing with Burma Shave Bristle

Brush after mixing with Burma Shave Bristle

Face after mixing with Burma Shave Bristle. Once again, pretty pathetic lather, this time it was around a snurdle and a half to 2 snurdles. Not good enough to call it a lathering product IMHO.

Latest reviews

Pros: great scent - aniseed undertones
Cons: poor lather, need to use a lot
You need to use a lot to get a nice glide going. I loved the scent but not much else. There are better creams for the price.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98024

See the thread above for a detailed explanation of how I reached the following conclusions.

This review is in reference to the Billy Jealousy Whipped Cream Traditional Shave Lather (Brush or Brushless). I received two small sample jars of this new Billy Jealousy product courtesy of the company for testing purposes. Because I believe in giving fair, accurate, and honest reviews and feedback about products, I do not inflate my scoring or finding for any reason (including that samples were sent free from the company), that defeats the purpose of reviewing the product IMHO. For this review I will speak to each category noted above and then add some additional final thoughts at the end.

Price: 22 big ones for an 8 ounce tub. I just used samples, but I will say that for what I was seeking in a cream, it's too expensive for the results you get.

Quality: As a brushless cream, not bad. It actually shows some promise, but I don't like brushless creams. As a lathering cream, forget it, you can apply it with a brush, but it doesn't lather.

Scent: The scent was the best part about this stuff. It has a lavender scent that I detect as well as some undertones but I couldn't really place them. It also smells the exact same as the Jack Black Supreme Cream, so if you've used that, you know what to expect.

Latherability: Non-existent. I used 3 snurdles in two different tests, using two different brushes and didn't even get enough lather to make a good single coat on my face, let alone my head (i'm a headshaver as well). I believe the "Brush or Brushless" on this stuff is the same as the Jack Black, it can be applied with a brush but it's as lathered in the tub as it's going to get. The pictures below make it seem like okay lather but it was very thin and there were a lot of dry spots.

Efficacy: Because this is not a lathering cream that's tough to speak on. When I applied it to my face though, it seemed wet but also dried somewhat quickly.

Moisturizing properties: I didn't notice any particular dryness with this stuff but I wasn't able to even complete a whole shave because there was next to no lubrication when I tried to lather it. Used brushless, the lubrication is better, but still nothing to write home about.

Packaging: I can't speak on this because I used samples that were delivered in two small paint pots.

The end result is that I don't recommend anyone buy this if they are looking for a lathering cream, it doesn't lather. If you're looking for a brushless cream, as usual YMMV so it's probably worth a try, I just don't like brushless creams (I could use canned goop for that).

Here was the final product of over 200 swirls and 3+ minutes of mixing time with both a Tweezerman Badger and a Burma Shave Bristle brush.

Tweezerman Badger Brush After Mixing

Bowl after Tweezerman Mixing

Bowl after mixing with Burma Shave Bristle

Brush after mixing with Burma Shave Bristle
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)