What's new

Bigelow Premium Shave Cream

Pros: menthol, lather
Cons: none
great stuff and I love the fact I can buy this in brick & mortar store as opposed to having to get this online. It lathers nicely, the menthol is under control and is very affordable. Thanks!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather
Cons: None / Nade / Zilch
I can't believe the lather I get from a small dollop of this cream! My 1st tube gave me 71 shaves--per my shave log. The Bed Bath & Beyond I shop at had a sale of buy 2 and get one free. I'll start tube #2 tomorrow and hope to get more the 71 by watching how much I put in my scuttle each morning.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Cooling menthol feel, calms skin, great lather, great price
Cons: none, it is my favorite shave cream by miles
This product is my favorite cream. It is found at Bath & Body Works, their website, or C.o. Bigelow's website. $10 for a large tube that lasts me 3 months or more! The menthol cools your skin and the cream lathers great with a brush. Scent lingers just enough, not too much not too little. The only reason I gave an '8' for moisturizing properties is because this product is not intended to do that, that is not it's job. This is my favorite product by far and if you by it you won't be sorry.

CAREFUL, you cannot go back to any other cream this one will HOOK YOU!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Very good shave. Easy to lather. Easy to find.
Cons: Smells awful and dries me out.
Well, I will be in the minority on this one. No one can venture into wetshaving for very long without hearing about the legendary Proraso. After reading so much about it, I couldn't help but imagine bringing home the product and turning my bathroom into an old time Italian barbershop for one. Besides that, having a cream that is as well respected as this one re-branded and available at most nearby malls is a very nice thing to have. However, some creams are just not for everyone.

Pros: This cream is great for beginners because it is easy to lather. Some creams easily become too soupy or too dry if you don't have just the right amount of water, this is not one of those creams, it is very forgiving. It is also very slick, with nice cushion for the face. It is also available at a very respectable price. I went to my local Bath and Body Works, and they had a buy 2 get 1 free deal. So 3 tubes cost me $20 plus tax. Pretty cheap.

I was so excited about buying the legendary Proraso products, that I ordered the aftershave balm and pre-shave to go with my cream, so I could get the full Proraso effect. I waited patiently so I could try all 3 products together. I enjoyed opening the box to find all the Italian wording on the products, and the glass bottles the pre-shave and after shave came in, made me feel like I was about to shave in a fashion that was much more sophisticated than my friends ever had. So what if they didn't get my obsession with shaving products.

Cons: Many have commented on the smell taking time to get used to. Well, I don't think I could ever get used to it. To me it smelled awful, just awful. It is almost like they tried to make it smell bad on purpose. Some creams you keep smelling because you can't believe how good they smell, this one I kept smelling because I couldn't believe how bad it was.

The other great fault I found was that this cream was very drying. As I mentioned before, I purchased the cream under the Bigelow name, but I waited till I had the other Proraso products delivered, to shave my face. Well the 3 of those products combined did a number on me. My first clue should have been the stinging feeling I got when I applied the pre-shave. I attributed it to using too much. I read from several reviews that all you needed was a dab, well my dab had been too big I guess. I ventured on and lathered up and shaved and then applied the aftershave lotion. I had a long meeting at work that morning, and all I can remember is that my face was so tight I felt I could barely talk. My skin felt like it has been stretched to the max. Not wanting to give up on the product, I ordered the sensitive versions of the pre-shave and aftershave and tried again, and while it was a little better, it still wasn't a good post shave feeling. I used the cream on its own, but still found it a little drying and the smell putrid.

Some creams just don't work with your body chemistry. I would say that if you have dry skin that is prone to irritation, Proraso is not the right product for you. I wanted badly to like this product and to be able to boast about that cooling sensation I had read about, but alas the menthol and eucalyptus were a tag team I couldn't beat.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap, easy to find and helps with a great shave
Cons: The smell is just OK to me but not offensive
I like the fact that this is so easy to find and its cheap. The tingle you get form the cream was a surprise to me. I tried another brand and it burned like crazy. This was fairly mild. I have not Tried Proraso but if they are the same for the most part I would get that as well in a heartbeat.
The scent is nice a little medicine like, but it doesn’t last long once you rinse off. I think this gave a good cushion and its pretty slick.
Like others said it’s a bit on the thirsty side and I found that is way easier to face lather this this rather than using a bowl. YMMV however.

I would totally suggest giving this a try. I can’t wait to use in in the hot summer months.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: What's not to like?
Cons: None
Like I said what's not to like? I give it a 10 in all respects.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Hard to rate...it's my first one. It came strongly recommended though from my buddy that got my started on wet shaving. Scent and moisture are definitely the strong points. It will take rave reviews for another product to get me to buy it and replace this one. It can be found at Bath and Body Works...and 10 bucks is very reasonable.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Great Lather and menthol
Cons: Can be irritating to some
My wife and I went out shopping the other day, primarily to get out of the house with our 8 month old daughter. I knew that a large bathing products chain carried CO Bigelow/Proraso products but an earlier attempt at finding the stuff at one location proved fruitless. We walked in and this location actually had some in the store. Well, I bought a large tube and a couple of colognes. I use a boar brush and face lather with creams. This stuff is excellent. It is easy to lather and provides a great deal of cushion. It easily provided enough lather for two passes and some touch up, It is thirsty, however but not as bad as Real Shaving Co. creams. The menthol felt great after I rinsed it off and my faces felt smooth and clean with no hint of irritation. I understand that some may have a reaction to the menthol in this product so this product may not be for you.. I think that this will become a regular addition to my shaving options.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great Lather, Great Menthol
Cons: None
Love this stuff:w00t: This stuff lathers like crazy but it does like water. I let the later sit on my face and really feel the menthol doing its thing. Sometimes I mix it with VDH soap and get a Superlather.As for moisturizing I have oily skin so I couldn't tell. The packaging is just a green box so nothing special. Great product

Jay
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
My wife bought me a tube of this at the mall. It wasn't anything special but it works. I find it hard to lather aswell. I still haven't got a great lather from it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is my first menthol, and actually my first tube shave cream :lol:
Picked it up for $5 at bath and body works.

Compared to my other creams (TOBS, VDH) it's okay.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it lathers as well as my other creams.

Other than that it's cool. (no pun intended) :001_rolle
Yep - look at the tube and you will see that it is made by Proraso. Great product. I can't find Proraso around tound, but Bath & Body Works is at every mall; therefore, I use the CO product because it is easy to come by.
Hello everyone, I wanted to write a few lines about this product. I have been wet shaving with a safety razor regularly for approximately 4 months and have tried many of the cheaper retail store soaps and creams such as Williams, Burma Shave, and VDH. My wife and I, visited our local shopping mall were I discovered one of the retail stores carrying this line of shaving creams and aftershaves. I purchased a large tube to try and I must say, I ‘m very happy with the results. It lathers very quickly using a badger brush and applies extremely smooth. There is a touch of menthol included that makes my face feel refreshed after rinsing. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a mid-priced shaving cream as a daily user.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)