What's new

Bigelow Bay Rum Aftershave Balm

Two blatant opinions on this product:

1) I agree that, while there might be some bay rum involved, the citrus is much more up front with this one. Not necessarily a bad thing, but if you're expecting a straight-up bay rum, you'll be surprised.

2) Whoever put this balm in this bottle ought to be drawn and quartered - it's about impossible to get it out!
Does this scent last longer than other Bay Rums? Yes

Why? Because it's NOT BAY RUM!!!

This scent is nice, yeah, but Bay Rum it aint. This scent i would describe as an orangey, creamy, sandalwood scent. Nothing Bay Rum about it.

It's a high quality product, but i'm pissed that i spent money on it when it's labeled incorrectly :sneaky2:
This may be the Anti-Clubman Bay Rum.

I love the burn I get from the Pinaud Bay Rum, and this Bigelow balm is the polar opposite. It isn't a fiery splash, but a calming, creamy balm that has a delicious Bay Rum scent, somewhat like the Clubman but with an earthier tone. The scent doesn't last, but for an hour or so I get a great Bay Rum "hit" every once in awhile.

The product needs to be coaxed out of the glass bottle, and that makes it easy to use a small amount, and a little goes a long way.

No burn or icy cooling here, but it does a fine job of quelling razor burn and leaves the face feeling smooth and finished.

I'll use it and then follow up with the Clubman as a body splash...it's a great combination.

I just picked up the Bigelow Bay Rum cologne, and it goes with the balm like hot dogs and mustard.

A great choice for the Bay Rum bums out there.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
As with all C.O. Bigelow products, I am not disappointed with the C.O. Bigelow Bay Rum aftershave. I use this product on a daily basis. It can be purchased at Bath & Body Works, or you can order it direct from the C.O. Bigelow Website. I often order the Bay Rum gift set, which comes at a fraction of the price of it's components (Body Wash/Shampoo, After Shave, Cologne).

Overall, at $19.50 it's not the greatest price in the world IMO. I don't mind spending it, because it's a good product and it goes a long way. The quality is impeccable. I like the packaging very much as well. I will say that it comes in a glass bottle, and it's very hard to get a lot out of the bottle at once. I've read consumer complaints with regard to this issue, but it really doesn't bug me because I don't use very much at once.

To me, it's not a real cooling sensation that this gives you. It just goes on smooth, is extremely soothing, and has a wonderful scent. Not as spicy as some other bay rums, but has base tones of cinnamon and maybe even some clove that linger.

It's a great moisturizing after shave, and I highly recommend it.

Wash with the body wash, get a good DE shave with Proraso (also Bigelow), and then follow with this and some of the Bay Rum cologne. Your grandfather would be envious.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Bought this aftershave after an offer at the Bigelow store of Buy 2 Get 1 free.
It was a nice surprise and I'm not even a fan of Bay Rum but this is different.
Great product!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is one of my favorite A/S balms. The scent is great. Low burn, high soothing properties. If you can pick this and the cologne up, it makes a great combo.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
+1

I picked up two bottles of this wonderful after shave balm and look forward to the end of my shave as much as the beginning. Found a great deal and picked up two bottles for under $10 each. I would gladly pay full price any day.
If you love the scent of Bay Rum, this is it. Would pair nicely with Mama Bear's Bay Rum shaving soap too!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is my favorite aftershave balm. I received it as a Christmas gift from my friend and dorm mate last Christmas, and I still have yet to use the entire bottle. Creamy, invigorating, and containing a strong, masculine bay rum scent that lingers throughout the day, but never overpowering.

Before this I never even heard of Bigelow Chemists. It might be pricey for 20 bucks a bottle. But trust me, you'll get your money's worth.

It literally keeps my face as smooth as a baby's butt. Sometimes I have to just tell my wife to quit touching and smelling my face after I use the stuff before breakfast. :001_tt1:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)