What's new

Bic Sensitive Disposables

Pros: Inexpensive Single Blade For Travel
Cons: Not As Close A Shave As I Get With A DE
Late last year I did a review of the Bic that was negative. After some continued use I find that I have to do a "Mea Culpa" and submit this revision.

The Bic will do an acceptable job so long as the user understands that the Bic head is shaped like an injector and needs to be held against the skin surface like an injector- not a DE. That was the cause of my prior issues.

It doesn't give as close a shave as a DE- at least not for me- but it works fine for a travel bag.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
0.00 star(s)
I'll keep this review short and sweet. I've used this razor while traveling because I couldn't bring DE blades in my carry-on. I thought it may be a workable alternative rather than maintaining and using a multi-blade razor setup on the road.

This razor is very light and very mild so it is hard to screw up your face but it encourages the user to add pressure while shaving which we all know is a no-no.

It is inexpensive so I don't mind using it once and tossing it. That being said I only get one passable shave from these little guys. I can go ATG and it comes close to DFS without any irritation which is good but if I pick this up on day two it pulls and tugs like a Merkur blade.

This is my razor of last resort. If there is nothing better I'll use it but I won't enjoy it.:glare:
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Balance
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
3.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
D
Be sure that it says BIC SENSITIVE on them. Not the generic brand. There is a huge difference. The bic ones have a head shaped like a DE. The generic versions have a crap shape. The BIC ones have a good sharp consistant long lasting smooth blade. The generic ones do not. The BIC ones I recommend as the best disposable. The generic ones I don't.
I have just started using these after picking a pack of 15 up for £0.99

I can't believe I've overlooked these for all these years. This simple, cheap razor is now my daily razor of choice - even for weekend shaves.

Cured any lingering longing for any more DEs that's for sure.
If I am not mistaken, Wilkinson Sword, makes these disposable razors for Bic. I had done some research a while back and noted this tidbit of information. So if you see the Wilkinson disposable single edged for "Sensative Skin" blades on sale, they are the same as the BIC. FWIW...I see them on sale in the Dollar stores all the time at 1/2 the price of the BIC disposbles. Cheers.
I love the shave that i get with these quality disposable razors. I posses a tough beard and these razors give me the closest 3 pass shave I have ever had.

After being ripped off on Gillette Mach 3 for years, I bought Bic sensitive disposables to stop the cycle. To my surprise, my quality of shave improved. After a great single blade shave boosted my confidence, I came to badgerandblade.com to research DE Razors.

The only down side of Bic Sensitive Disposables is the fact that you through a lot of plastic away.
Out of all the disposables I've ever tried, these are so far the worst for me.

I just thought I'd just give these a try because I like the simplistic idea of the one blade design without that strip thingy and I really don't care for multi-blade razors.

Maybe the Bic Sensitive disposable razors require a different method of shaving, but in order for me to get anywhere near smooth I had to shave very very aggressively against the grain many times and ended up with razor burn & razor bumps. Maybe these would work fine if I didn't go for the nice smooth shave.

Years ago I used to shave with Wilkinson Sword single blade disposables and those were great. I haven't been able to find them in stores for many years! Wilkinson Swords were simple, aggressive for a disposable, one blade with no slime strip (comfort strip or whatever they're calling it).

I was so hopeful that the Bic Sensitive were going to be similar to the single blade disposable Wilkinson Swords, but they're not even close. My face was disappointed. The only good thing I like about these razors is the cost is really low, but I think I'd almost rather not shave at all than use these.
...and of course I bought the BIG bag.

I should add: I daily shave with a DE, but I'd like to find a decent single blade disposable for travel, backup, the old stand by, etc.
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
D
I read all the great reviews of these and decided to pick up a small pack to test them out. Well after using 3 razors (about 4 shave each), I have decided these plain suck. Honestly guys, a Mach3 as pathetic and overpriced as it is, shaves much better than these. I would say likewise for the awkward Fusion. If we are going to discuss cartridge razors, I think the Sensor literally cleans the floor with these pieces of junk.

Somewhat rough shaving experience, with a nick or two virtually every time I use one. Honestly I put these in the same area as a Gillette GoodNews. They can shave your face, and get reasonable close, but they are not enjoyable.

I'll leave the remaining BICs in my pack for the guest bathroom. Maybe one of my friends or relatives will need to grab a quick shave and can use them. I won't be using them again.
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Balance
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
2.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
I have used this razor for years before getting my DE. As disposables go, I would not use anything else. I am just glad to see that some other men share my opinion. They cannot compare with the feeling of a finely crafted metal instrument in your hand and not nearly as cool.
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
5.00 star(s)
0.00 star(s)
So I love my DE, I love the heft and the balance of my Gillette Adjustable, and my Merkur 34c, but I am tired of having to jump through a ton of hoops to use them when I travel and don't check a bag - so I bought a pack of these for travel - I was debating between these and the Personna single blade disposables from the Dollar store, but went with these.

This is a great razor - I have a relatively thick hair and density and I have gotten 3 good shaves out of this razor. I think 4 is about all that I will get though. This razor is as aggressive as a 34c or Adjustable (on 5 or 6) and gets a pretty close shave.

I had to re-adjust to the different angle, but in reality the position you hold it in, is much closer to a DE than something like a Mach 3.

I will be using these on my short travels going forward. I like this razor much more than I thought I would. I wouldn't use them long term for two reasons:
1. I like the weight of a big piece of brass
2. I want to minimize waste, and the petroleum needed to make these non-recyclable buggers is a huge count against them in my book. But I feel that buying a 12 pack of these and using one or two of them on a trip is much less waste than either buying a 10 pack of blades at cvs (that have a ton of packaging) that I only use one or two of, or shipping out blades around the country.(Which might also make me look crazy)
I wouldn't ever have considered trying these if I hadn't read some of the reviews on B&B.

Um, yeah, they're surprisingly excellent. They don't go very far for me - two shaves is the limit, but two very good quality shaves.

They've made the overnight bag.
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
These little razors absolutely rock. I can get a great two-pass shave with no irritation. Much easier to maintain proper angle than any DE I have tried.

If they weren't so light and cheap-looking, I'd be tempted to go to using these exclusively.

Somebody needs to make a new single-edge quality razor that takes Pella blades or something but that has the head design of these great little razors.

Perfect for travel.
Grip
1.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
4.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
Picked these up at Family Dollar for a couple of dollars for 10. Figured I'd use them in a pinch when I was in a hurry. Tried them once -- awful, just awful. Seemed really dull and despite what seemed like endless blade buffing, I just couldn't seem to cut through my beard. Maybe I got a bad unit or batch, but I will not be revisiting these razors.:eek:
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
I started many moon ago with a Bic single blade (it is the only disposable I would use if forced to give up my safety razor). I tried to buy the even less expensive store brand single but quickly found out just how sharp the Bics actually were compared to these other menacing razors.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
0.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
Just picked up a 10-pack today for my 15 year old who announced this week (via text message of course) that he is ready to shave with a blade instead of the electric. Now to decide what can of foam I still have around to foist on him.
After shaving with my Cobra Classic for the past month or so, I was simply not prepared for any razor - let alone a disposable, by Bic no less - to be worth the time of day. However I saw these at Walgreens for $3.69 for 12, so what the heck. Even if they are awful I'm not out much.

They are light and cheap feeling. They are homely. Well, OK. They are ugly. They are utterly non-aggressive. I don't think you can do any damage with these guys. But wow! No, the shave was not a Cobra Classic shave. But it was a really good, comfortable and smooth shave and these razors will ALWAYS have a place in my dopp kit or as backups. The key is no pressure. You can feel the razor cut, and you don't need any pressure. You do have to go over the same spot several times, but even so there is no irritation. I even went ATG on my upper lip with no problems! I am not quite as glass smooth as I am after a CC shave, but it's as good as a Tech shave. And they are cheap, cheap cheap!
Grip
3.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
I have always liked these razors since their introduction and I would probably use them except that they are NOT recyclable. If you put these in the recycling bin they are sorted out and put in a landfill.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
I got a 10 pack of these at walmart for $2
that is 20c each, cheaper than just a single DE blade.
I was surprised how gentle they are and dont cause any irritation for me.
I get a few shaves out of them but to be honest for the price i dont even mind using them once.
Being light, one has to be careful not push them hard.
I have a few in my travel pack now.
I would recommend them for someone wanting to get the "feel" DE wet shaving without any real money investment.

PRICE: cheaper than a DE blade.
QUALITY:they are light and plastic
USER FRIENDLY: easy to use, not pivoting,single edge
GRIP: good
EASE OF BLADE REPLACEMENT: N/A
AGGRESSIVENESS:very gentle for me.
ADJUSTABILITY: N/A
BALANCE:good
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
1.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
I always keep one in the office in case I have to stay overnight. One of the best value for money disposable available.

It is very sharp and do not try to apply more pressure to make up for its lack of aggressiveness. I learnt it the hard way and the razor incises a few bumps on my face.:redface:
Grip
2.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
4.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
2.00 star(s)
1.00 star(s)
D
I just had my first shave from these. Bought them out of curiosity.
The shave was good, but a little too close on my lip corners, since I can certainly feel some tingling. It is just a technique thing to change in the future. Otherwise it was a close irritationless shave.

Bics are non pivotable so you can use light pressure same as with DE. Same as DE also a 3 pass shave, WTG, XTG and ATG is needed to get a BBS shave. Someone new to DE shaving could consider these disposables before acquiring some costly DE and then not liking the shave style. Since I have learned my pass directions and technique, I have no idea if these are a more gentler introduction for a newbie to one blade shaving than DEs.

Bic Sensitives are not really milder than Merkur 34 or Gillette Superspeed unlike someone told above. The guard stretches longer than those DEs, so I suppose one could press a tiny bit more with Bics and not to get cut, but I recommend minimal pressure. These are quite effective shavers.

If this thread allows editing I might add in the future a comment about blade longevity or not, depends on my mood.

The only real bad thing about these disposables is the waste of plastic. 10 pack is cheap. Here in Finland it was 2.29€, so 23 cents for one piece. I can currently imagine them lasting 3 shaves, perhaps 4. So the pack you bought will be gone to waste for a little over a month and the oil wasted needed to made them does not sound so environmental. Compared to something like Red pack Personnas.

Would be great travel substitute for DE shaving.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)