What's new

BIC Chrome Platinum (Greek)

I bought a few packs form WCS to give these babies a go. So far, after two blades I am impressed. They have performed well in my 38C and an old beat-up Tech. In fact, I was rushed for one shave one morning and I used a brushless cream (which I am not very fond of so shall remain nameless). It was day 3 on the blade and it gave me a close, 2-pass shave. I was floored.

The blade is quite sharp but is forgiving. I have achieved my typical 3 days of shaves from the BIC. The first shave is almost Feather-like...one must guard against getting too lazy. The second and third shaves are nice and smooth.

BICs are some nice blades. I can sense a bulk order coming my way.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These blades surprisingly missed a lot of stubble on my neck that other cheaper blades always get BBS on. Even after blade buffing the stubble was still there. I nicked myself in a few places which I normally do not, nothing major as it stopped bleeding almost immediately. I would rate these blades above the dorco 300 and merkur but below every other blade (minus the no-name brand and unpopular blades I probably have not used)

If you like harsh blades give these a shot, I'll stick to my IP's.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I tried these blades because I got a pack for free in a trade. They are very sharp. The price is somewhat higher than most common blades like Crystals or IP's and I don't think the shave is as good. Using these blades I experienced a lot of irritation and weapers. On the third shave, I actually had to break out the Styptic pencil for the first time in a long time. These blades are not for me.

To keep this review in balance however, I will say that these blades worked a lot like a Feather on me. I don't like the Feathers either but some folks swear by them. So, if you like Feathers, you might like these blades.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I just finished testing these blades, and I must say it is a winner!

Price: they come second after the Lord blades, but still bloody cheap!

Quality: consistent, good blade. No roughness, nice, clean cut.

Sharpness: as sharp as a Merkur, but waaay smoother.

Longevity: lasted me for 3 shaves - after the forth one got some irritation, and had to do an extra pass on my neck.

Smoothness of Shave: as close and as smooth as a Merkur, but without the pain and irritation!

Packaging: eco-friendly cardboard box, without a disposal slot - and blades come only in 5s.

Cheap, sharp and forgiving: a perfect newbie blade! :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
In my never-ending quest for an unexpensive quality blade I tried these Greek made Bics. They are readily available where I live and the price made it worth a try.

I used them only for a few shaves, because they were simply under-performing. The shave was neither close nor smooth and involved a lot of tugging. Longevity never became an issue, since I consigned the whole lot to the bin after two blades.

Many of use have used Merkur blades at one stage and compared to Merkur these blades I find Bic considerable worse. Compared to the Feather and Derby blades that I normally use; well let's just say Bic performs in a different league.

Like Laser Super Platinums, they display a pronounced harshness, which makes them unsuitable for me.
And like BIC pens, definitely not engineered with a demanding, discerning customer in mind.

Simply not worth a try, no matter how cheap they are.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I don't know where you people are buying your Bic blades...but in my case i bought them at the local supermaket. I think they are european made...

Price is O.K but the quality, well...First step, let's change this Merkur and try this one...Bic on the Futur...Musgo...brush silvertip as always...let's see....is the blade already dull?!!:frown: N-S passage...same thing, dragging and pulling the skin...hearing the blade cutting the beard in a metalic sound...:mad:...for now it' s over.

Two days have passed, another try:worse, i cut all my neck...a bloodbath:a46: ...to the bin with this, Sadoch is happy now!!

The worse blade of my life.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Price- $1.00 at a local Chinese store.

I like this blades. I would put it third on my list, under derbys and above merkurs, with feathers being #1. My only complaint is that I can't seem to get more than 3 shaves out of them, while I can get 5-7 from a Feather.

I like the packaging, a cardboard box, no plastic.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
£4.25 plus £1.60 P&P for 35 blades from Poland

Sharp blades with good longevity and no irritation.

Simple effective packaging

Works for me :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Very good blades. Sharpness is just after Feather. Bic is a reaaly good brand for blades and the price is very cheap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Price: 63 Polish Zloty or 16.75 euro (Israeli Personna 11.88 euro, Derby 14.27 euro). (I'm gonna buy more Israeli's, that's for sure, a real bargain) So the Bics are in the same league as the Derby's, hence an 8.

Quality: excellent, teflon coated, platinum hardened, etc. etc. Very nicely finished blade too, a 9.

Sharpness: very sharp, yet below feather and swede, but sharper (and harsher) than Israeli Personna, a 9.

Longevity: same as Derby or Personna, 3 to 4 shaves, an 8.

Smoothness: weak point, a 6, there's no tug or anything, but I end up with more nicks (blood) than with a personna or a swede. Derby's are smoother too, and they are as sharp.

Packaging: same as Personna, nothing fancy, practical and biodegradable packaging, no plastic, but paper more waxy than Personna, an 8.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Price To me these are a averagely cheap blade, being around the same price as Derby's are.

Quality So far I've gone through thirty odd blades, with no outliers in quality terms, so I can't fault that

Sharpness Sharp enough to do the job, and well. The steel is thinner than Derby, Merkur or Wilkinson blades; if that means anything, while the honed edge isn't as deep.

Longevity One shave max for me. While convenient to shave and bin, it makes the cost per shave a little more than using say a Derby.

Smoothness of Shave Brilliantly smooth. It takes a real lack of concentration to cut myself with a BIC blade, and the end results are great.

Packaging Nice a simple, cardboard box with single wrapped blades. If you dislike throwing plastic away that may be a bonus. The boxes do have a habit of pulling open if crushed (during transit say).

Overall I am torn about BIC blades. They are fantastic shavers, and may well become my mission critical blade, but the longevity may turn me back to Derby blades for day to day usage.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
For me, one of the smoothest shaving blades around. Having tried Merkur, Derby, IP's, Feather, Swede G's, Sputnik, Astra superior platinum, Dorco, Treet platinum, AP's.

I get two really smooth shaves, almost three four pass shaves. I have tough wirey whiskers that destroy blades by the the third shave.

I used Dorco's for my head until the Bic's came along. Everything else gives me nicks, with a touch of razor burn. Now I use these for my face and head.

My go to blade at the moment. I use a 59 FB set at 6, for my face. A Merkur HD for my head.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Price: the cheapest retail blade that I know of; you can spend less but you'll have to buy blades by the hundreds.

Quality: the blades all looked very good, the finish level is on par with much more expensive blades and much better than the crappy look of some other popular brands. Having used only one blade, I can't really comment on consistency of performance across different blades or packages.

Sharpness: at least as sharp, and maybe a little sharper, than a Swedish G. I have tried most of the popular blades with the notable exception of the Feather. During the second shave sharpness went down a little but retained a remarkable cutting ability.

Longevity: I've been walking my way through a pretty large sampler kit of blades, and most of them start dragging painfully by the end of the second shave. The BIC gave me two comfortable shaves, and only started dragging by the end of the third shave. In the past however, some (admittedly less sharp) blades reached 4 shaves.

Smoothness: while being sharp, the BICs retain exemplary smoothness, IMO these are smoother than Swedish Gs, which are often praised for being a remarkably smooth shave for the sharpness.

Packaging: very basic. Just a little cardboard box containing 5 blades, each wrapped in a little paper envelope.Unpacking the blades is very easy and quick, unlike some other brands which come wrapped in two envelopes. I don't really like plastic magazines, mainly because of their limited usefulness (they only make a difference while travelling) and their potential for damaging the environment. This packaging gets the work done, that is keeping the blades in good working condition until you take them home, so I rate it as good.

Nota Bene: other BIC-branded blades might be available, such as those made by BIC Iberia or the Astor-labeled BICs. These are likely to perform differently from the Greek-made Chrome Platinum that I reviewed.

attachment.php

Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave