What's new

BIC Chrome Platinum (Greek)

Very good blades. Sharpness is just after Feather. Bic is a reaaly good brand for blades and the price is very cheap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
£4.25 plus £1.60 P&P for 35 blades from Poland

Sharp blades with good longevity and no irritation.

Simple effective packaging

Works for me :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Price- $1.00 at a local Chinese store.

I like this blades. I would put it third on my list, under derbys and above merkurs, with feathers being #1. My only complaint is that I can't seem to get more than 3 shaves out of them, while I can get 5-7 from a Feather.

I like the packaging, a cardboard box, no plastic.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I don't know where you people are buying your Bic blades...but in my case i bought them at the local supermaket. I think they are european made...

Price is O.K but the quality, well...First step, let's change this Merkur and try this one...Bic on the Futur...Musgo...brush silvertip as always...let's see....is the blade already dull?!!:frown: N-S passage...same thing, dragging and pulling the skin...hearing the blade cutting the beard in a metalic sound...:mad:...for now it' s over.

Two days have passed, another try:worse, i cut all my neck...a bloodbath:a46: ...to the bin with this, Sadoch is happy now!!

The worse blade of my life.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
In my never-ending quest for an unexpensive quality blade I tried these Greek made Bics. They are readily available where I live and the price made it worth a try.

I used them only for a few shaves, because they were simply under-performing. The shave was neither close nor smooth and involved a lot of tugging. Longevity never became an issue, since I consigned the whole lot to the bin after two blades.

Many of use have used Merkur blades at one stage and compared to Merkur these blades I find Bic considerable worse. Compared to the Feather and Derby blades that I normally use; well let's just say Bic performs in a different league.

Like Laser Super Platinums, they display a pronounced harshness, which makes them unsuitable for me.
And like BIC pens, definitely not engineered with a demanding, discerning customer in mind.

Simply not worth a try, no matter how cheap they are.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I just finished testing these blades, and I must say it is a winner!

Price: they come second after the Lord blades, but still bloody cheap!

Quality: consistent, good blade. No roughness, nice, clean cut.

Sharpness: as sharp as a Merkur, but waaay smoother.

Longevity: lasted me for 3 shaves - after the forth one got some irritation, and had to do an extra pass on my neck.

Smoothness of Shave: as close and as smooth as a Merkur, but without the pain and irritation!

Packaging: eco-friendly cardboard box, without a disposal slot - and blades come only in 5s.

Cheap, sharp and forgiving: a perfect newbie blade! :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I tried these blades because I got a pack for free in a trade. They are very sharp. The price is somewhat higher than most common blades like Crystals or IP's and I don't think the shave is as good. Using these blades I experienced a lot of irritation and weapers. On the third shave, I actually had to break out the Styptic pencil for the first time in a long time. These blades are not for me.

To keep this review in balance however, I will say that these blades worked a lot like a Feather on me. I don't like the Feathers either but some folks swear by them. So, if you like Feathers, you might like these blades.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
These blades surprisingly missed a lot of stubble on my neck that other cheaper blades always get BBS on. Even after blade buffing the stubble was still there. I nicked myself in a few places which I normally do not, nothing major as it stopped bleeding almost immediately. I would rate these blades above the dorco 300 and merkur but below every other blade (minus the no-name brand and unpopular blades I probably have not used)

If you like harsh blades give these a shot, I'll stick to my IP's.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I bought a few packs form WCS to give these babies a go. So far, after two blades I am impressed. They have performed well in my 38C and an old beat-up Tech. In fact, I was rushed for one shave one morning and I used a brushless cream (which I am not very fond of so shall remain nameless). It was day 3 on the blade and it gave me a close, 2-pass shave. I was floored.

The blade is quite sharp but is forgiving. I have achieved my typical 3 days of shaves from the BIC. The first shave is almost Feather-like...one must guard against getting too lazy. The second and third shaves are nice and smooth.

BICs are some nice blades. I can sense a bulk order coming my way.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Price Good price. Not too expensive, a little cheaper than some.

Quality They appear to be well made; no burrs, chips, etc. on the edges, blad eis flat, registers well in the razor.

Sharpness Fairly sharp; a little sharper than the Dorco ST300 but not quite as sharp as the ST301.

Longevity I tired these several months ago and could barely get a complete shave out of a blade. Not because of the sharpness, but because of the roughness. I went back and tried tham again after several months (and a much improved shaving technique) and got about the same results.

Smoothness of Shave The only blades that have shaved me rougher than these are the Chroma and the Shogun. Even the Dorco ST300 was a smoother blade for me.

Packaging Minimalist packaging, each blade individually wrapped and boxed in cardboard. Not a lot of waste. Nice.

If you like them, great. I'll never use them again. As a point of reference, my current go-to blade is the Israeli Super+ Platinum from ASR. Plenty sharp and very smooth for me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Not good for me, tore me up bad :eek:. Given them to my brother for xmas :wink: :biggrin:.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
So I tried these out in a Sampler Pack and for the first two shaves, they were great. I use a three pass system (WTG, XTG, ATG). I've been using Tabac and Penhaligon's BB shave soap. Twice now the first two shaves have been very good and then excellent, but the third day was rough with more bleeding than I have had in a while. Strangely, I can get 4 or 5 shaves from a Merkur or Derby. I am wondering if these tend to rust quickly or they just dull from usage. But this is much less longevity than I am used to. :confused:

This brings them down a notch or two for me. The same experience was repeated 3 times with 3 different blades.

I used a Fatboy on 3 and an Aristocrat for these tests.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
D
I easily get 6 shaves out of these with no irritation. Very sharp but smooth at the same time. I paid 20 cents per blade which is high for me. Great quality. Every blade will act the same. Packaging is not important for me so I knocked off 1 point for not being in a hard case. Recommended.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Not a blade for me. Tired it in 3 different Razors and got pulling and tucking in all three of them. Not sure why as i use the same razors with other blades just fine. The first shave with these seems average but already the second shave is horrible with the BIC blades. Maybe a bad batch but i sure won't use them anymore!!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
For me these are Swedes cheaper less attractive cousin.

They give me two good shaves. Their packaging is ehh.

For people who's whiskers are too stubborn for Derby's or feel guilty about using Swedes, These blades are the perfect compromise.

Theyre cheap, hold up better (for me) than the Derby's, are just as smooth, and nearly, but not quite as sharp as Swedes!

I got mine from dridiot.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I may have gotten a bad batch of blades. The shaves from the first blade of the 5-pack was mediocre at best. The blade seemed as sharp as an American Personna; it took many passes and touch ups to get a decent shave. The first shave from the second blade from the pack really hacked up my face; the blade seemed duller than a Derby. Stupidily, I used the second blade a second time and really destroyed my face. I have spent the last 2 weeks using a Feather to recover from the carnage. My face has recovered and against sound logic I will probably try a third blade, but not for a while. Longevity of a blade is irrelevant to me since I dispose of a blade after 3 uses or less. The best attribute of these blades for me is the packaging - all paper - less waste. But, I can get Russian Gillette 7 O'clocks with all paper packaging and get an infinitely better shave.

I was anticipating these blades to be very sharp and smooth since I find the Bic single blade disposables sharp and pretty smooth, but non-rec. plastic. But, I was sorely disappointed - literally.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
I'm not that picky when it comes to blades, but these are my favorite.

Maybe that's because I bought 200 for 5 bucks.

Sharp, long-lasting - no complaints.
I shaved for the first time with one of these today, and it totally confounded my low expectations. Given the lukewarm opinions I've read on B&B and elsewhere, I was simply expecting one mediocre shave and to cross them off my list. Instead I got a smooth, close and comfortable shave in just two passes with no nicks, burn or drama.

I'll definitely be stocking up on these as a sort of poor man's "Swede". Even if, as is widely suggested, they don't go the distance, at the price I'd be happy to use them once and chuck 'em.

A good value choice.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
OK, I am still a newcomer to DE wetshaving (less than a year) but after trying out these little Greek rascals I have to say these blades are right up there with the Derby blades and are definitely in my rotation. It could have been a combination of things that made the morning chore a delight but I have to attribute a lot of it to these BIC blades. I got a darn nice BBS without any weepers, irritation or problems. I loaded a fresh blade in my Schick Krona and lathered up a nice mug of Williams and the rest was history.

As compared to the Walmart Personnas, Feathers, Derby, and Dorcos I would have to rate these right up with the Derbys. Nice blade. :001_smile
I thought I'd give these a try. I was pretty excited about them, after hearing about how smooth they were. But wait a minute. Isn't Bic known for their pens? That's what I thought...given that, my expectations were set pretty low.

Smoothness I know had had low expectations, but even so, I was blown away by how smooth they were. I honestly thought that they were as smooth as a Feather. Maybe smoother.

Sharpness: To me, it just seemed not as sharp as my Gillette Swede, and that it took more time to achieve the same result. But I have to say, they are forgiving blades.

Vital Details: The Blade was loaded in my HD, and I used Provence Sante, (yesterday - 2.19.09) and Tabac today. The brush I used was the B&B 2006 Silvertip Ltd. Ed. I also followed Kyle's How to Prep. Pre shave. I can't shave without it... :lol:

Price: WCS standard. Nice.

Packaging: When I received my first similarly packaged set of 5 blades to a pack, I said, there's no way this is going to fit my DE. They're too small. So, I took the box, and I sized it against a DE I had. A perfect fit.

It's just like everyone says, Packaging is minimal. A cardboard box that surrounds the DE blade.

All's well that ends well. :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave