What's new

BIC Chrome Platinum (Greek)

Pros: Sharpness
Cons: None
These certainly lived up to expectations as one of the sharpest blades available.

I get three amazing shaves out of each blade then they start to fall off but not abruptly. I could probably stretch it and get 6 acceptable shaves out of each blade but I like a 3 pass BBS shave. These deliver!

The blade wrapper is waterproof so blade won’t get wet if exposed to water.

It appears some people are having issues with these blades tugging but I have not experienced the same. I buy these by the 100 pack with confidence. My favorite blade!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: None
Cons: Can’t shave with these blades due to extreme lack of sharpness. These blades pull and scrape, instead of cutting.
I bought a hundred pack based on the reviews. After trying a few random blades randomly, each and every one them were horrible. My previous worst blade ever was Dorco st301, but this take the cake; worst blade ever! Either the Bic factory’s QC went totally wrong or I got fake Chinese knockoffs. Avoid this blade like the plague. :thumbdown :nono: I wasted my money on these, but maybe my review can save you yours.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: they make a darn fine pen
Cons: let me count the ways
I'm very new to DE shaving so my ratings are a bit unsure . But I am pretty sure that this blade really stinks . It was a tugging affair from the get go , using an EJ DE89 . I'm almost afraid to shave with this blade a second time . How can anyone say that this is a sharp blade ? Or that it gives a comfortable shave ? I am mystified .
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: none
Cons: pulled not a very smooth shave
On the first shave blade was not very smooth seemed to pull alot. not as bad as sharks or the sally store personas but not as smooth as derby or merkur. caught myself adding pressure to try and get a closer shave and wound up with a little razor burn and not a very good shave. by the third pass it was evedent that i was going to have some stubble left. on my second shave pulling was worse and still not a very good shave. some people have good luck with these blades I did not but they are not the worst ive tried and i would use agian in a pinch.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp and Smooth
Cons: none
Got these blades in a B&B meet and swap, I get about 5 shaves out of them before I have to change. I also have gotten some of my BBS shaves from this blade in a Gillette Super Speed.
I am going to buy a hundred of them next chance I get.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Sharp, less effort needed to achieve BBS than Feathers
Cons: Can be slightly harsh towards newbies and overly sensitive skin, proper angle is especially critical
I'm new to shaving with a safety razor, but have been getting shaves with disposable blade straight razors at the barbers for years.

Upon shaving with a BiC Chrome Platinum for the first time today, I knew beyond doubt that this would be one of my favourite blades. I found it to be somewhat sharper than both the Feather and the Bluebird blades I've used previously, requiring less effort to achieve a true BBS shave.

However, proper angle is particularly vital with the BiC as overshaving an area will lead to irritation much sooner than with a Feather, for example. I can afford to be quick and careless with a Feather, but not so with this blade. That doesn't mean you need to switch to DEFCON 1 when using a BiC, just be mindful of angle to lessen the need for extra passes or touch ups. Do this and you shall be rewarded with a remarkable BBS shave in no time. I did not experience the obligatory blood sacrifice that others have described.

Newbies and those with overly sensitive skin will likely find this blade to be a bit harsh, and for those crowds I'd recommend the Feathers and Bluebirds over the BiC. They are immeasurably smooth and give excellent, close shaves, though not as close as the BiC in my opinion.

Packaging, on the other hand, leaves something to be desired. I'm not a fan of cardboard packs, and much prefer the hard plastic cases that blades such as Feathers and Bluebirds come in. But, that's just me.

I can't comment on longevity because I use each blade only once, regardless of brand.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: PRICE/AVAILABILITY
Cons: SMOOTHNESS
I really didn't know what to expect from a product that is so readily available, priced well and yet isn't mentioned very favourably. The pros - can purchase from as little as $12/100 just about every vendor has them, great European quality and very easy to remove from packaging without the nasy glue spots or plastic wrapping, The cons- if you engage in 3 to 4 pass shaves and have a dense beard you won't finish the 3rd shave. The smoothness is lacking however it is forgiving for the amount of sharpness. In my opinion I would rate it between a Croma and a Wilkinson Sword blade - if that makes sense. Definetly worth a try as strange outcomes arise out of blades - as experienced shavers know each beard/skin combo is unique.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Package looks nice
Cons: Blades are rough and inconsistent.
:cursing:

I may have gotten a bum pack, but so far three blades out 5 have been like shaving with a cheese grater.

First shave is rough.

Second shave is a tug of war.

Third shave was just insanity.

I tried three blades for three shaves each. Mine came in a sampler pack of various other blades and brands. I don't think I would use these blades again if they were the only brand available.

Seriously made me wonder why I kept trying them over and over. I wanted to think that after a shave or two the roughness would smooth out.

They are sharp. The blood proves it. Bleeding in spot and having stubble next to it isn't the sign of a good blade.

BIC should stick to making disposable pens and plastic lighters.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: quality
Cons: not a close shave
BIC Chrome Platinum double-edge razor blades

The first blade from this package cut me badly enough that I discarded it after a few strokes. Subsequent shaves with these blades were acceptable, so that first blade must have been an exception.

Price: n/a (purchased as part of a sample pack)

Quality: Fairly consistent bevels and edges

Sharpness: Relatively dull. I rate this blade at the 4th tier for sharpness.

Longevity: Lasts 3-4 days, which is average for the blades I have tried.

Smoothness of shave: Somewhat rough and not particularly close.

Packaging: Cardboard box of 5. Single-wrapped in plastic-coated paper; glue spots on one side.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Mediocre sharpness. Not all that smooth.
I would shave with these if there was nothing else around, but I would most certainly not purchase them in any bulk quantity. In the lower price range, Sharks are better. In the upper price range, these cannot hold a candle to 7AM yellows, Iridiums, UK Wilks, and def not Swedish Gs.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Bic CP is my third favorite blade. My first being the Personna Red Pack and second the Astra SP. The Bic is a smooth blade thus providing a comfortable shave when used in aggressive, heavy, and well balanced razors such as the Gillette Red Tip, Slim, Merkur Slants (37C, 39C) and Futur.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Got them in a sample pack. Very unimpressive. Not at all sharp. Felt dragging on my face. Did my usual facial prep and used my DE89L and AOS Unscented Cream. With a good blade I can usually get a smooth BBS. Not so with these. Had some razor burn as blades just did not go through the stubble as smoothly. Had to do more passes than usual. Did not get any cuts or weepers. But, did not get a good shave either. Not sure of the reason why. May give them one more shot (with a new pack and new blade) to see if I got a bad pack/blade. If so, I will revise this posting. If not, my opinion stands.

May be bested suited for people with a light beard.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
This blade gets very mixed reviews. But they are one of my favorites. Cheap. Sharp. Smooth. I just get great shaves from these. I recently got a Muhle R89 razor and was not getting great shaves with it. Tried Feathers, Gillette Yellows and nothing was working. Until I tried the Bics. Smoothest shave Ive had in some time. After over a week with these they will now become my go to blade.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I wish they cost the same as a Derby, but compared to cartridges, I really can't complain. They are fantastically sharp and smooth.
I can actually get great shaves from a Shaving Factory razor using these blades. I mean BBS. Hard to not like them.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I got these as part of my sampler pack. I am now on my second run through them all and have enough experience DE shaving to know when to blame the blade for a bad shave.

I popped my Bic into my DE89L on Sunday night. I just shaved with the same one today (Saturday). I shaved everyday this week except Friday (I shave at night during the week) and each shave was two passes with some touch up work. My shave today was just as good as Sunday. Very smooth all week. Normally, I would have ditched the blade today, but I decided to "push it" today. Now, I feel like it would be a waste to toss it before my next shave.

It is not as sharp as a Feather, but I have a what is probably considered a fairly "tough" beard and my shaves have been smooth and a two pass shave yields a DFS. These things are about 0.20/blade and for that price, I think they may be in the running to be a regular staple in my arsenal.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These came in the WCS sampler pack. I'm surprised to find so many glowing reviews of these blades. I was not able to get an even shave from the first blade and used a heavy touch to compensate. No nicks, cuts, or irritation, just an uneven shave. No difference with the second or third blades, it takes four or five strokes to get smooth. I rated longevity high because I couldn't tell the difference between the last shave with the blade I over-used and the first shave with a fresh blade.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
D
lamina;424883 said:
I don't know where you people are buying your Bic blades...but in my case i bought them at the local supermaket. I think they are european made...

Price is O.K but the quality, well...First step, let's change this Merkur and try this one...Bic on the Futur...Musgo...brush silvertip as always...let's see....is the blade already dull?!!:frown: N-S passage...same thing, dragging and pulling the skin...hearing the blade cutting the beard in a metalic sound...:mad:...for now it' s over.

Two days have passed, another try:worse, i cut all my neck...a bloodbath:a46: ...to the bin with this, Sadoch is happy now!!

The worse blade of my life.

You can say that again, or else I will! I`d like to add the fact that this Blade is surprisingly similar to Dorco 300 and the Red Gillette, I would almost swear they are just re branded blades.The second shave is much better than the first, but this is all, forget about getting the same shave for the 3rd time.The Bic at first feels quite harsh, like if you are using an old, rusty saw.By the second shave, it looks like it is not too sharp nor too dull (which is impossible to tell at the first shave).But, I do not think it is worthy at all-paying for it and getting one nice shave, which is totally unacceptable for rather sensitive skin.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
These blades are brutal. It feels like what I imagine a week old Derby would be like. It's incredibly dull, so much so that it drags an pulls across my beard. The price is right, but in this case you don't even get what you pay for. I guess they do come in a nice looking box.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I tried this blade since it was in a large blade sample pack that I bought from an English vendor. It is the dullest blade in the pack. Dorco's are very sharp compared to these.

My main complaint is that they are dragging right from the start. So its not a nice experience shaving with these but the result is quite OK. No cuts or bleeding. If you accept the dragging and make many passes you get a decent shave.

But, since they are average price, I will never buy them anymore.

/Alexander
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Tried one this morning using my new prep: raw sheabutter soap on my wet face and the Godrej De Luxe on top of it. In the Rotbart 2000 this was a great blade/shave. For me about equal to Gillette Bleue Extra. Very smooth and sharp.
Only thing is that it gave me a fair amount of iritation afterwards, pity.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)