What's new

Bell's Three Nuns Tobacco

Item Description

This review is concerning the new version of Bell's Three Nuns recently released again in the US.

The original blend was Virginian and Perique tobaccos, this is purported to be a "...curly cut blend of dark fired Kentucky and sun cured Virginia tobaccos mixed with the finest Brazilian Lights..."

I cannot compare to the original, as I have not tasted it.

This blend, however, is enjoyable on it's own merits. Has a nuttiness, not as heavily bodied as an English blend, but more moderately bodied.

Pairs well with coffee. Coffee brings out some woodiness and sweetness in the tobacco.

Latest reviews

Pros: smokes smoothly
Cons: burley
I come at this blend knowing what the original Bell's version was like. I so wanted to like this for it "was" wonderful. This new incarnation should never have been given the same name as it is NOTHING like the previous versions. There is no Perique, and that is the first mistake.

Having said all that, if you like Burley blends (I do not), this is an excellent example of that genre of tobacco.

It smokes very smoothly and cool, leaving a very light dottle.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Pros: pleasant room note, smooth flavors, nuttiness, some sweetness
Cons: different than the highly acclaimed original
I cannot compare to the original, as I have not tasted it.

This blend, however, is enjoyable on it's own merits. Has a nuttiness, not as heavily bodied as an English blend, but more moderately bodied.

Pairs well with coffee. Coffee brings out some woodiness and sweetness in the tobacco.
Aroma
4.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
3.00 star(s)
Flavor
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)