What's new

Beauticontrol Warming Shaving Cream

my wife is in BeautiControl as well, and got the kit it comes in. I did like the warming sensation, but for me the shave was okay, could be I'm not fond of the non-lathering creams. It performs well, and leaves the skin pretty nourished, AFAIK; I never had to use AS/Balm with it.
I had actually forgotten about it, thanks for bringing it up
My wife sells Beauticontol and I was reluctant to try this because it does not lather. It is a thick liquid that is filled with various plant extracts (ginseng, green tea, st johns' wort among a list of about dozen others)) along with several chemicals: Propylene Glycol, Potassium Silicoalaluminate (Alum maybe?). Anyway, first tried it several years ago with a mach 3 razor and was left with shave bumps and a a generally poor experience. I tried it 2 nights ago, in the interest of science, and got my first BBS shave -- ever. A small amount in my hand was placed onto my face and then rubbed in, the warming sensation was immediate. I then did the usual passes and I could feel the blade (feather with a gillette executive setting 6) pulling each hair individually... there was no blood and no irritation. I kept going and when I got to the bad spot on my neck... i was able to glide effortlessly across it without any issues for the first time in my life. There is only one small compaint, it has a very menthol type fragrance. Several times I had to reapply the cream or re-wet it to allow the razor to glide but other than than that, it was a great experience. It is $13.00 for a 4.4 oz tube. It was also very strange to be shaving with out any lather, I could actually see my stubble and that was very helpful.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)