What's new

Bea After Shave Balm

I found a website selling this After Shave Balm and, because it is so inexpensive, decided to give it a try. The website advertises the fact that this is imported from Spain and that it contains Glycerin and Linalol. FYI, Linalol is just a fragrance.

In terms of texture, this is truly a balm -- definitely thicker than a milk or splash. A little goes a long way (especially in terms of the scent) and I've found the most effective way to apply this cream is to put a dab in my palm with a couple of drops of water and to rub it together to create a cream. Similar to what you do with Proraso Pre/Post.

Price - At about $3 for a 75mL (2.5oz) tube, the price is hard to beat. Clearly a 10/10

Quality - You get what you pay for. As you can see from the ingredient list below, this balm is chock full of chemicals. Just a 2/10

Fights Razor Burn - I never have a big problem with razor burn, so it is hard to judge this, but my face does feel better after using this cream. 5/10

Cooling Sensation - No menthol or anything in this, so no noticeable cooling sensation. N/A

Scent - Very strong flowery scent. I happen to enjoy it, but I could see how some people might not like it. Regardless, the scent doesn't last more than an hour or so. 7/10

Efficacy - Compared to the higher-end, more expensive after shaves, this doesn't really stand a chance. However, taken on its own, it does a fair job. 5/10

Moisturizing - I have very dry skin on my chin and around my mouth and this stuff seems to keep it pretty moisturized. I will probably need to supplement it during the winter, though. 7/10

No Alcohol Burn - Even though there are about four different kinds of alcohols in this, there isn't any noticable burn. 9/10

Overall, I'd give this product a 5/10. It is so cheap that I will probably keep it around just because I can. It is by no means my favorite aftershave, but it gets the job done. Interestingly, it seems to contain Salicylic Acid, which is often used in acme creams. Not sure why.

Ingredients: Water, Denatured Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Glycerin, Parfum, Methyl Paraben, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoraldeine, Lyral, Linalol, Salicylic Acid

Discussion thread here.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn