What's new

Barbon Aftershave

Pros: price performance cooling soothing
Cons: plastic bottle
This is actually much better then I expected.
And I have had a lot of cheap aftershaves that performed well, so it's not that my standards are really low. It comes in a plastic bottle, and the bottle isn't too big. I think it's great for traveling. But I don't want plastic bottles. I don't minds short term usage but once it's gone I might not replace. Which is a shame, because skipping right to the conclusion; this is a really really good aftershave for that kind of money. Of all the cheapies this one is the best so far. It has a nice scent, not very complex but anything but simple or one layered, better then I expected. It has menthol and does gives a nice cooling effect. It tightens the skin and softens it a bit. It actually takes care of your skin, smells good, cools your face and is dirt cheap. But the plastic bottle. You could argue that if it's that good why bother. Well, I have at least 15 GOOD aftershaves now, and counting. And unless it's really expensive (over 20 Euro's) I don't mind the price, as long as I get quality. And they are all glass bottles. If I do replace it it will be for travel only. BUT if plastic containers are no concern to you AND you can get this cheap (or want a good collection of AS's) then I STRONGLY recommend this very fine lightweight underdog with a knock-out performance. Don't underestimate this hidden jewel!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Clean scent, good menthol blast, moisturizing, great price
Cons: Plastic bottle
I gave Barbon a shot over the past few days. What I look for in an aftershave is a good blast of menthol, mild alcohol burn, some moisturizing, and a clean scent that dissipates quickly. All in all that is what Barbon gives at a very good price. I paid about $4.00 for 100ml. My only nitpicks are that it is in a cheap plastic bottle and that I would prefer a tad bit more glycerin. However, I will combine with 444 and be done. Buy this stuff if you value the same things in an aftershave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
The price is quite good if you can get your hands on a bottle of Barbon.
Since I live relatively close to Hungary I can find some for about 3-4 Euros. :thumbup1:. It's well worth it.

The packing is mediocre. The bottle is made of plastic and has a plastic cap. Too bad..
When first applied it gives a great cooling effect! Absolutely great! I haven't' tried Proraso, but it is the coolest aftershave from my rotation. Way cooler than Nivea Cool Kick Splash. This what I like best of Barbon AS. :thumbup1:
There is a touch of alcohol burn, but not too much. A bit more sting than Speick.
I don't know about fighting razor burn. I guess it does a reasonable job.
Finally the scent is really nice. Clean, mossy, green scent. It is perfect for a summer morning.

If you can find it at a reasonably price, get one. You won't regret it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
My experience is much like cvac's. I like this splash. The mossy/clean scent is nice on its own and refreshing in the face of a so many other "sports"-type aftershaves.
Top Bottom