What's new

Barber Salon shaving soap

Item Description

I remember the barber shop that dad used to take me for my haircuts when I was a young kid, and he'd take a haircut and a shave as well. I also remember the scent of the barbershop every time I'd walk in. This soap is called "Barber Salon", and for a good reason, the packaging has a barbershop pole on it, and it smells exactly like a barbershop did back in the 60's. This stuff has a nice lather, gives a smooth, close shave, although it could be a little more moisturizing. Price-wise, 12.50$ is damn good for 2 big pucks of this soap which fit into any big wide mug!

Jeff

Available Here

Latest reviews

Wow, this was a disappointment. I ordered this soap about 5 months ago, and it was back ordered. It finally came last week. After reading all of the glowing reviews here I had high hopes for Barber Saloon. The soap, unfortunately, did not live up to the hype.

As for the positives, it does smell nice. As for the negatives, well it really doesn't produce the thick, rich lather you see in a good soap like MWF. The lather has the tendency to dry out and disappear quickly. It is really more comparable to one of the Van Der Hagen products than anything else, but the latter produces a richer lather. It is somewhat better than Williams, but not by much. I'll use up these 2 pucks, and I won't buy it again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
I really like the smell (rose). Otherwise, it's on a par with Williams in terms of the lathering, but at like 8x the price. Very hard soap and will probably last forever.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
After my first venture into soaps went so well (C&E sandalwood), I made this my second soap purchase. At about $10 Canadian for two pucks, the price was right, and the classic box they came in was intriguing enough...

The quality of this soap is remarkable for the price. It lathered well with my C&E BB, and even better (surprisingly?) with an old Wilkinson Sword I had lying around. When I was young (in the 80's), my parents took me to an old-school barber and this was what the shop smelled like. Forgive me for being so 'scent-ignorant', but the smell is fresh and somewhat flowery (if soapy), and very nice, and doesn't linger for long at all. Nice and fresh!

Not to be a know it all, but it is Barber SalOON, if this helps anyone trying to search for more info on it. Given the price, I'll likely always have some of this around.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)