What's new

Barbasol Skin Conditioner Shaving Cream

I had to pick up my jaw when I saw Barbasol being listed here.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Yes, I agree this stuff is actually pretty darn good. Nice cushion, forgiving, slick and actually moisturizing. It surprised the heck out of me. I have tried the aloe version and it is pretty good as well, not as moisturizing though, but it does sooth the skin and moisturize some - good for the summer. The scent of the skin conditioning type smells very similar to Alberto VO 5 hair dressing which has lanolin in it as well. Canned foam usually eats me face after 3 uses, but this stuff hasn't done it after 1/2 a can, nor has the aloe type. By the way the aloe type does smell like aloe. I do like the scent of the regular Barbarsol, but it has no moisturizing properties and is not for me. For me, this (the skin conditioning and the aloe types) could be the best bargain in shaving.
Whoever thought that you could get such a comforting shave from a dirt cheap, store-bought shaving cream? Well, the answer is in your hands with Barbasol Skin Conditioner Shaving Cream.

This variety of Barbasol is quite different from the regular version that comes in the red can. What makes it so special is that is contains an added ingredient, which is LANOLIN. While not quite up to par with Musgo Real, it definitely offers a nice cushion, and is quite forgiving with even the sharpest blades. Plus, I find that it has great moisturizing properties, and I generally do not have to resort to an ASB since it conditions my very sensitive skin quite well.

The only complaint is that the smell is somewhat of a departure from the traditional Barbasol scent. I have a feeling that due to the lanolin content, it alters the fragrance to a degree. It's certainly not a negative aspect, but if you're a hardcore Barbasol user like me that lives for the "old-school" scent, then you might be somewhat disappointed.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)