What's new

Barbasol Pacific Rush After Shave

Pros: price
Cons: scent
I'm sure there are those who will disagree with me. While I love this fellows green older brother, I cannot find any love for the rush. It smells like burnt plastic and dead fish to me. Thankfully the scent doesn't linger. Great price but ewwww!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
For under 2 bucks at the local dollar store this stuff cant be beat! Great scent and killer menthol blast make this AS "da shiznit". I have seen the Barbasol line of aftershaves at my dollar store forever but always passed on it. I figured it was not worth it to dump a buck and a half on yet another disappointing AS.
This one is going into the rotation with aqua velva and skin bracer! Long live the drugstore classics. :thumbup:
After expressing my disappointment with AV, some of the fellahs here told me I should try Pacific Rush. I was not disappointed this time! The menthol blast is perfect for the hot summer, and the price cannot be beat. :thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I read on B&B about Barbosal Pacific Rush, and since I enjoy menthol aftershaves I picked up a bottle at my local Dollar General store.

Price: For a $1.65 I don't think this can be beat for the money.

Quality: This is where I'm so pleasantly suprised...it seems to be up right up there with my Proraso splash.

Fights razor burn: It is excellent...tones, tightens, eliminates redness.

Cooling sensation: The best I've found...this is great for these hot summer days!

Scent: Not too bad...goes away quickley, so you it does not effect colognes.

Moisturizing: It is not drying out my face, but in the winter I'd follow it up with a balm.

No alcohol burn: There is a burn, but it's followed by the amazing cool down.

All in all this is a good product to have in your rotation. I will still use my other AS products and try new ones, but this will definitely see a lot of use.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
My absolute favorite drugstore aftershave. Menthol blast, awesome cool down, long lasting pleasant scent that reminds me of Nautica (original). Well worth the money, if you like menthol, you will enjoy this aftershave. I particularly enjoy it on these hot humid summer days, instant cool!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Does what it's supposed to, and no more. But for under $2 that's just fine with me. Cooling is comparable to Stephan's Alpine and not quite the level of Osage Rub.

Scent is superior to the blue Aqua Velva, too, and fades fast, which may or may not please you.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
Here's another review for ya:

Ingreditents:
SD Alcohol 40 B, Water, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Menthol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ehtylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzoic Acid, Yellow 10, Blue 1, Red 33

Price:
Cannot be beat, hands down. Not only is it inexpensive for a bottle of AS, it is also larger than most other brands. Most other products come in 3.5oz (100mL) containers; Barbasol comes in 5oz (147mL) containers. You couldn't make your own aftershave cheaper than this. Head to the Dollar General and grab what you can.

Quality:Pacific Rush is a cheap product, both in terms of cost, and quality. Ingredients, however, don't vary much from AS to AS, so that isn't saying much, and it basically contains the same things that most other after shave products do. I would have liked it had they added real glycerin, and I'm always a fan of natural and organic ingredients, but I knew what I was getting into when I spent $2.

Fights Razor Burn:
Barbasol does a great job of taking care of razor burn, not just for a product that costs less than $2, but for any product.

Cooling Sensation:
Barbasol is a fan of adding loads of menthol to their product. This after shave is no exception. Next to Barbasol Brisk, this is the most mentholated product I have tried.

Scent:
I am not very enamoured with the scent of Pacific Rush. It is a very light and synthetic scent. It isn't bad by any means, but also not a scent I'd choose to wear. On the plus side, it happens to be fairly weak, so it is quickly forgotten, and can be used with cologne without issue.

Efficacy:
Barbasol branded aftershaves are by far my favorite of those available locally. Their ability to finish off my shaves with such pleasantness, and their ability to do it for cheap, makes this item great.

Moisturizing:Another reviewer stated that this product contains glycerin, which isn't really accurate. Barbasol actually contains a cheaper replacement ingredient called Propylene Glycol. Overall, I don't find this product to be very moisturizing, but it does a fine job of not drying my skin out either. If one needs the extra moisture there is always the possibility of applying a lotion of balm.

No Alcohol Burn:
Being composed so much of alcohol, and combined with fragrance and menthol, which to me gives a little burn before it cools, this product has quite a bite. Personally I enjoy it quite a bit.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I truly like the Barbasol AS products. Picked up a couple of bottle of this AS a while back and have been very happy with the product. What a nice cooling sensation after a nice close shave. One of the bottles I mixed, in a decanter, with WH. The mix is about 70/30 Barbasol to WH. This is applied after a cold water rinse and a cold cloth treatment. The straight Barbasol is applied as a "second coat" on occasions if I'm headed out the door. For about $1.77 you really can't go wrong with this product. I like the benefits of the WH and also the coolness and refreshing feeling of this AS combined. The Dollar General store near me carries the Knock off "Brute" also and I've have great results with that product. I have the knock off Old Spice but I picked that one up at the Family Dollar store. I also use the Generic WH from the dollar stores. IMO...WH is WH and money is better spent on quality blades. All of these AS I mix with WH as my after shave treatment. Glad I found out about these products, by lurking on this board a year or so ago, before signing up to B&B. The guys in the VA hospital love this mixed also. I make sure to keep them in supply with a mix of these products. I can't say anymore than what has been posted by other members. Just a great product for the money.:thumbup:

Cheers
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
PRICE: I got mine for $1.65 at Dollar General, i mean really?! Even if you don't like it you can throw it in the trash and not be out big bucks!

Quality: This is where this stuff blew my mind!! For the price this stuff gives AV and even Proraso a run for it's money!

Fights Razor Burn: Again, what can I say but AWESOME! It tones and tightens the skin while releaving redness and razor burn.

Cooling Sensation: Okay... im gonna say it.... THE STRONGEST MENTHOL KICK I HAVE EVER TRIED!!!!! I love aftershaves... and i love menthol. And this one takes the cake... i can feel the coolness on my face for at least a full hour after im done shaving! AWESOME!!!!

Scent: This is where it's hard to review for people. For me I loved it, i thought it was such a classy, clean and nice scent for being a $1 aftershave. Its a cross between a NIVEA scent, with a hint a mint and a little AV ice sport.. confused yet?

Moisturizing: It is a a splash and it is a $1... but it does have alot of glycerin in it. Not to bad.

Over all I was totally caught off guard with this product, it is the BEST barbasol product out there. This is my go to splash in the summer... point blank period. For the $ it is blowing proraso outa the water.. I usually put on a little NIVEA Sensitive ASB after, and the two scents mixed together are amazing!!!! GO AND GET 3 BOTTLES OF THIS STUFFF!!!:thumbup1::thumbup1::lol::thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This product has a very nice more "modern" scent. The level of menthol in this product is excellent. Cooling as an antarctic morning :thumbup1:. One of the best cheap drugstore products out there. If you don't have it find a Dollar General, and get some.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Hah I was gonna write the review for this but, you beat me to it!

Hey at least it won't be biased :D

This is one of the best priced per dollar shaving items out there, for an after shave it preforms VERY well.

Menthol, menthol, menthol very cooling and soothing and as topgumby mentioned it does help out with irritation.

Lastly the scent, it doesn't last, and is somewhat menthol/alcohol like, however it dissipates very quickly and wont out-smell your colognes.

(The bottle isn't fun to pack for shipping fyi, I suggest you find it locally or give the shipper some slack :wink:)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Let me preface by saying, this is in no way, shape, or form a gourmet high class aftershave.

The smell reminds me a bit of Mint mouthwash, not unpleasant, but not overly exciting either.

The price is great $1.67 at your local Dollar General.

The reason you are buying this product, is because you are a lover of Menthol!! This product won't disappoint as the level of Menthol is through the roof. I can easily feel the Menthol cool for at least 5-6 minutes after use. Maybe even closer to 10 minutes. :thumbup::thumbup::w00t::w00t:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I got my Barbasol Pacific Rush Aftershave from another B&B member from Arizona (thanks, Sodapopjones) since this stuff is new enough that it hasn't hit the Pacific Northwest yet. There is some irony there, but that's not what this review is about.

Menthol is what this product, and this review, is really about. Barbasol Pacific Rush Aftershave has a pronounced menthol punch that leaves my face chilled and tingling for a good five minutes. If you like a menthol kick, you'll love this aftershave.

The clear plastic bottle is utilitarian, more squeezy than solid. The cap doesn't screw on, it's a press fit. Nothing fancy here, but it all works.

The scent isn't overbearing, and is mostly menthol to my nose It doesn't last long, and in this case I like that. I'm here for the chill, not the smell, and this stuff won't get in a fistfight with your cologne.

Barbasol Pacific Rush Aftershave does a good job of fighting razor burn and dealing with minor nicks and weepers. It's an alcohol splash, so it's not really moisturizing and there is some sting, but you get the idea that this was designed for men who don't cry about a little bite and value an invigorating wake-up over bedewed cheeks.

Did I mention that there is menthol here? The cooling sensation is where Pacific Rush lives up to it's name. Imagine stepping out of an Arctic cabin and having a freezy breeze hit you right in the face, but after a few minutes of this refreshing chill you get to go the heck back inside where the sane people are nice and toasty.

Here are the listed ingredients:

SD Alcohol 40-B, Water, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Menthol, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Benzoic Acid, Yellow 10, Blue 1, Red 33.

At the reported price of a couple bucks or less, this stuff is well worth trying. It's such a value, it makes me want to try the other Barbasol after shave offerings.

If you're a menthol fan, rush out and get some Barbasol Pacific Rush. If you haven't tried a menthol kicker, this product lets you check out the chill without freezing all your assets.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)